Please help-don't want to lose my hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your hair looks very damaged from colour and heat,and that's what I think
It is! I know that's not what you want to hear as you don't think it is from colour but by applying the colour yourself, especially bleach, you can cause damage from overlapping. You need to get a professional to start doing your hair and you will most probably start to notice a huge difference x

It sure looks like chemical damage from bleaching to me, I know you said you never overlap when applying it but to be fair it's impossible for that not to happen if you're doing it yourself.

You also mentioned you do bleach shampoos too, I'm sorry to say this is bleach damage.

I do see a Pro all the time I just rather do it myself because it costs $200 to get a $20 root job where I live and I was taught how to do my hair by a Pro my former best friend is a hair dresser but sadly she moved 3000 miles away taught me absolutely everything to do ever step I was her model all through school she would bleach my hair colour it bleach it out colour it again have to correct it over and over for 5 months I had my hair permanently dyed stripped out bleached and dyed back over. So much it got to the point it made crunchy noises when you touched it and looked like straw and it never broke off like this. Well sorta once she went to far and it pretty much all broke off to about half a inch long rinsing it out. I know damaged this is not damaged just haven't washed my hair in a few days or coloured it cuz everyone told me not to. I'm scared if I do anything to it more will come off. I've bleached my hair in to falling off 4 times in my life and ever single time it fell off in the first day of the bleaching not 2 months later and I spend everyday deep conditioning and going to the salon for treatments every 3 weeks. I really wish I could post the texture of my hair so you can all feel it's not damaged just course from the wavy texture of my hair. My hair is naturally kinda curlyish more wavy then curly but not strait. Last trim I had I told her cut all the dead crap off if she needs to cut off 4 inch's then cut it off she only took about a inch off I'm cool with having to take off a few inch's for health but I don't wanna lose it all. I havnt had a single hair style or colour longer then 6 months in 24 years half of it was done in a salon and half at home and even a salon has sent me home bald more then once and I know dead hair trust me I've killed it enough time to know dead and my hair is really resilient it bounce back pretty fast using vitamin K products and hair masks and using the right oils and trusting my stylist. Sadly mine moved back to Australia 6 months ago so I've tried a few new ones since. If it was just damage I would just say F it and cut it all off. I've always been a strong believer it's just hair it grows back.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi
Please do yourself a favour and give your hair a rest.
I'm sure it's bleach damage and no matter what you put on it - the damage is already done and can't be repaired.
I'd get it cut as short as poss ( get rid of the damage) and even if you have to wear a wig for a couple of months, do it
As it grows, the condition will soon return with all your good products.
Hth. X

You haven't had the same style or colour for more than 6 months in 24 yrs?? Constantly bleached and stripped,?? Yet you state it's NOT damaged?? Lol ... Ok

Well no advice from professionals who have paid hard cash and hard labour for yrs learning about our craft is nothing compared to the knowledge you seem have - we could of saved £1,000s over the yrs and just asked you instead!!!

The bottom lines is .. Your hair is knackered from yrs of abuse by you having no formal training - You have tortured it for 24 yrs and it's finally had enough

The only advice you will receive it STOP bleaching and colouring your hair, get it back to it's natural form

----------------------------------------------------

No one should use bleach on themselves, over lapping will happen! Uve abused ur hair for too long, get it cut & see a pro from now on or u'll have disgusting hair forever!

I think you have a unanimous decision from all our professionals on here about what is wrong with your hair. Bleach damage.

Surely you will accept this advice now and there is no need for them to keep repeating it.

its clear from the pic you posted that the ends of the hair are frazzled.

However, as you've been applying lots of strong chemicals to your hair & scalp for many years, I think your body has had enough and that's why your hair is breaking close to the root. You may only be applying to your hair but some of the chemicals will be absorbed into your skin/body.

When you apply the products have you ever experienced any tingling, itchiness or redness on your scalp?

I agree with others on here, you are going to have to ditch the chemicals for at least a year probably to give your body time to recover.

I'm sure you will be able to find a nice warm/chocolatey brown that won't make you look washed out, it might take some getting used to but you can always apply the right type of make up to add some warmth to you face anyway, try some bronzer on you cheek bones and temples and some blush and you will look very alive. Trust me it will be worth it if it stops your hair snapping off. Because your roots are dark anyway, you will only need to apply it every 2 or 3 months.

Definitely stop using bleach shampoos! They can cause more damage than the bleaching process itself

I do see a Pro all the time I just rather do it myself because it costs $200 to get a $20 root job where I live and I was taught how to do my hair by a Pro my former best friend is a hair dresser but sadly she moved 3000 miles away taught me absolutely everything to do ever step I was her model all through school she would bleach my hair colour it bleach it out colour it again have to correct it over and over for 5 months I had my hair permanently dyed stripped out bleached and dyed back over. So much it got to the point it made crunchy noises when you touched it and looked like straw and it never broke off like this. Well sorta once she went to far and it pretty much all broke off to about half a inch long rinsing it out. I know damaged this is not damaged just haven't washed my hair in a few days or coloured it cuz everyone told me not to. I'm scared if I do anything to it more will come off. I've bleached my hair in to falling off 4 times in my life and ever single time it fell off in the first day of the bleaching not 2 months later and I spend everyday deep conditioning and going to the salon for treatments every 3 weeks. I really wish I could post the texture of my hair so you can all feel it's not damaged just course from the wavy texture of my hair. My hair is naturally kinda curlyish more wavy then curly but not strait. Last trim I had I told her cut all the dead crap off if she needs to cut off 4 inch's then cut it off she only took about a inch off I'm cool with having to take off a few inch's for health but I don't wanna lose it all. I havnt had a single hair style or colour longer then 6 months in 24 years half of it was done in a salon and half at home and even a salon has sent me home bald more then once and I know dead hair trust me I've killed it enough time to know dead and my hair is really resilient it bounce back pretty fast using vitamin K products and hair masks and using the right oils and trusting my stylist. Sadly mine moved back to Australia 6 months ago so I've tried a few new ones since. If it was just damage I would just say F it and cut it all off. I've always been a strong believer it's just hair it grows back.

"Shown by a pro" but thats not enough.

Im not being nasty but i think you should seek a proffessional because what you are doing is clearly not working or something you are doing is going completely wrong.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know someone else has mentioned changing to a darker colour, however I don't think you should touch anymore colours, chemical processes or heat styling for a long time. You need a really good cut and allow your hair to recover before you even consider anything else.
Then once your hair is able to cope with it you need to visit a reputable salon who can then advise you on styles and colours to suit your skin tone and face shape, and then give you correct after care advice.
You may think you've got all the knowledge you need but its obviously time to start listening to professionals. I only hope you do :)

You know 90% of this WAS done in a salon except the 100% vegan chemical free edible manic panic red I have on now. I have bleached my hair in the past but I didn't do this myself a fully licensed hair dresser did this. I only did my roots once 2 months ago only the once and the bleach shampoo I did in September to get some damn blue out of my hair.

I don't like to pay for it and I really can't afford it but most of the time I bite the bullet and see this sweet little gay guy at Salon Rouge he sings Cher but he makes me laugh. I just want to say just because I change my hair every 6 months doesn't mean I bleach the crap out of it, it could just mean I chopped it off or got a new layer cut or a fringe I get bored quickly.

I can't go brown other then it would never go with my skin it's is sad a boring and 85% of planet earth has that colour and I would look like every Tom Dick and Nancy on earth and I have spent a life time trying to stand out. Going mousey brown and I'll send up blending in with everyone else and my $10k I've spent on my tattoos will be all for not.

I'm a fully licensed makeup artist I can pretty much do anything with a brush from a simple smokey eye to a full prosthetic latex body suit I'm too pale and round bronzer would just enhance my fatrolls and I would never wear it personally I'm a tattooed, pierced, red headed former Goth who doesn't wear blush or bronzer or pink lipstick I love my skin colour and I would never want to change it I just wear a lot of black eyeliner dark shadows and fake lashs. Makeup is all about expressing yourself and not just making your self "presentable" to other people.

I have better pictures now you can see my hair is soft and shiney yes it's lightly damaged but whose isn't? If you still want me to cut it all off I will it'll break my heart and make my face look even fatter but I'll do if you think it's so far gone it can never be salvaged. And just for the record I never said I know all hair just mine it's been on my head all my life and if it weren't for a very extreme almost fatal allergy to perm fumes I would have finished hair school too.
SAM_0061.jpg

SAM_0054.jpg

SAM_0052.jpg

SAM_0055.jpg

SAM_0058.jpg

First off let me start by saying I am not a hair stylist. I do tho know my hair better then anyone else and even I have no idea what is going on. I've been doing my own hair colouring, cutting and styling since I was 12 years old and I'm 36 now. I grew up in a small town where all there was, was a 65 year old male barber if I wanted highlights I had to do them myself.

I need you all to know I do know how to take care of my hair properly I did move to the city and went to school for makeup and one of my close friends did the hair program she taught me everything I need to know to properly care for my hair.

I don't know if I'm the only one but this story is getting more confusing as you go along? You stated at first you do your hair yourself and your friend showed you what to do but now your saying 90% was done in a salon and you do it yourself sometimes inbetween? If that was the case I would say go back to the salon if they did your hair last and show them what has happened.
I think your hair is seriously over processed and needs a break and some serious tlc!
Don't think there is anything more anyone can say other than cut ur hair up some more, keep it trimmed and stop doing your hair yourself...

Sent from my C2105 using SalonGeek mobile app

You know 90% of this WAS done in a salon except the 100% vegan chemical free edible manic panic red I have on now. I have bleached my hair in the past but I didn't do this myself a fully licensed hair dresser did this. I only did my roots once 2 months ago only the once and the bleach shampoo I did in September to get some damn blue out of my hair.

I don't like to pay for it and I really can't afford it but most of the time I bite the bullet and see this sweet little gay guy at Salon Rouge he sings Cher but he makes me laugh. I just want to say just because I change my hair every 6 months doesn't mean I bleach the crap out of it, it could just mean I chopped it off or got a new layer cut or a fringe I get bored quickly.

I can't go brown other then it would never go with my skin it's is sad a boring and 85% of planet earth has that colour and I would look like every Tom Dick and Nancy on earth and I have spent a life time trying to stand out. Going mousey brown and I'll send up blending in with everyone else and my $10k I've spent on my tattoos will be all for not.

I'm a fully licensed makeup artist I can pretty much do anything with a brush from a simple smokey eye to a full prosthetic latex body suit I'm too pale and round bronzer would just enhance my fatrolls and I would never wear it personally I'm a tattooed, pierced, red headed former Goth who doesn't wear blush or bronzer or pink lipstick I love my skin colour and I would never want to change it I just wear a lot of black eyeliner dark shadows and fake lashs. Makeup is all about expressing yourself and not just making your self "presentable" to other people.

I have better pictures now you can see my hair is soft and shiney yes it's lightly damaged but whose isn't? If you still want me to cut it all off I will it'll break my heart and make my face look even fatter but I'll do if you think it's so far gone it can never be salvaged. And just for the record I never said I know all hair just mine it's been on my head all my life and if it weren't for a very extreme almost fatal allergy to perm fumes I would have finished hair school too.
SAM_0061.jpg

SAM_0054.jpg

SAM_0052.jpg

SAM_0055.jpg

SAM_0058.jpg

Any product you put on your hair is going to cause damage. No matter if its vegan.

That colour is far to vibrant in my opinion. I am sure that with time your own colour is much better.

When your hair is down it looks fine.

Nothing anyone says is helping you so maybe it is worth investing in a good hairdresser by saving up or a cheap alternative is a wig.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

As this is on consumer forum, as a non-hair Geek may I just add the following?

Your skin doesn't actually look that pale. If you did feel a bit washed-out when you get your hair sorted I would recommend a light facial self-tanner to warm the skin slightly.It will make your eye colour pop a little more too.
You have great cheekbones. Why not have a cut to emphasise them? As a MUA you will know how to contour and highlight those lovely bones.
Hope it all works out.
You've had some good advice from the highly professional hair geeks on here; they are worth listening to.

If it was mine and it was that frazzled, I would cut it all off and start again as you yourself earlier said - hair grows back. I bet it will grow quickly too! I'm sorry to say it's not soft and shiny on the ends it looks really really dry? I have dry hair at the best of times but I just cut it short when it was damaged!

Also if you really don't like the natural hair colour, then am I the only one who thinks in this case you are going to have to put up with the dry breakage prone hair? No? That's the price we sometimes pay for beauty lol!

The ends of your hair are fried. It's not a little damage that "everyone has" the ends need to go. Personally with your colouring I think you would suit something darker.

You said in another thread that you bleached manic panic purple out of your hair 2 months ago. So it wasn't just your roots you did 2 months ago?

Stay away from the bleach, get a good cut, treatments and see a professional from now on. Just because someone has shown you, you are not a hairdresser and do not have the knowledge and quals to do any colour processes on your hair.

If you cannot afford it then save up till you can. Your hair is trashed by your own doing so give it a break and look after it.

I think you want someone to diagnose a rare hair disease, that has nothing to do with you bleaching your hair to *******.
Yep, you have ratsav chew'dthe endsoffit syndrome.

Prescription from Dr Persianista is as follows:

Get a good haircut.
Use good, salon quality products to wash it with.
Stop kidding yourself that you haven't caused the damage, you did. Take responsibility for this mistake. Stop playing with the bleach.
Change the colour, sorry, but it looks dreadful. On some people it can look funky, but very few of us have the pizazz of Paloma Faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back