Please help-going from platinum blonde to honey blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyE

Reaction score
Hello, I have been trying to go from platinum blonde to honey blonde as my hair got over-lightened. This happened with a box dye (Loreal Feria) a year ago and I have been since struggling to match my roots to my lengths, so I though I just want to get my lengths a bit darker to match my roots. I have found an article and followed the advice of using Wella Koleston Perfect 9/38GP(80% of total) +8/7B (20%of total) + equal parts of 10Volume. I must mention the very light hair was very porous and would pick up ashy tones in my hair dye and look grey, while the roots would look very golden. I'm naturally level 5-6. The first attempt with wella koleston was a big fail, I had an allergic reaction to ammonia, the skin on the scalp reacted badly, couldn't stop crying from the fumes. The colour itself came out very ashy on the ends. So I looked for ammonia free alternative and found Schawarzkopf Essensity and used 9.0 (80%) with a mix of 8.45 (20%, it's a copper auburn), this time I also used a neutral protein filler to fill my hair. My scalp was very happy and no reactions. The colour took well, but unfortunately it's level 7! It's way too dark and still a bit too ashy for my taste at the lengths. I also have a good 2cm of regrowth and another 20cm of more yellow hair that hasn't been bleached as badly as the lengths. So there's a lot of different colours on me. Please, I need some advice how to fix this. I bought an auburn copper blonde from Essensity in level 9 to add warmth to the lengths, but now that the base is so deep I'm not sure I want to use it on my hair anymore. I just wanted 9-10 level hair instead of 11-12. I'm looking into using Wella Color touch relights in copper gold to add missing pigments to the hair, but how do I go about lightening my lengths now? Do I just shampoo a lot in hopes of it coming out? Would love to get it sorted before Christmas. I could also try bleach baths, but only if someone here recommends. And what do I do about the regrowth? Do I use the same hair colour on it or something much more ashy with a stronger developer? Should I use 6% or 9% for the regrowth? I can post pics if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please see a qualified hairdresser/ hairdressing training college.

We won't be giving any home-hair colouring tips to non-trained consumers I'm afraid.

Please see a qualified hairdresser/ hairdressing training college.

We won't be giving any home-hair colouring tips to non-trained consumers I'm afraid.

thanks, but I won't be going to the salon might as well advice something

thanks, but I won't be going to the salon might as well advice something

My advice is: See a professional hairdresser who know's what they're doing, before you kill yourself with allergies you've already caused by over-exposing yourself to chemicals you don't know how to use.

My advice is: See a professional hairdresser who know's what they're doing, before you kill yourself with allergies you've already caused by over-exposing yourself to chemicals you don't know how to use.

that's harsh, I actually have MCS and didn't get it from over exposing myself but because I have autoimmune condition and if you read my post you can clearly see I do know what I'm doing. just to prove you wrong I'll be back here in a month's time with an update photo

Are you a professional? We cannot advise you what products to use on your own hair in this forum! (Unless a professional) Us professionals have spent years training in our careers and will not just tell clients what to use/how to mix products to do their hair at home. I would go to a salon x

p.s. the reason I don't go to salons anymore is multiply fried hair situations and not getting what I asked for

Hi AllyE,

I think your going the wrong way about things. kaya only trying to advise what we all would do!

You claim to know what level you are using formulas of a professional manufactors brand... that have no equilvance to consumer products. (its never the same)

The box dyes are actually more harder and harsher to shift.

A salon can give you a gentler result of a honey blonde. Plus the with the over use of products i can guess why your hair has fried itself.

I urge you to go to a reputable salon. xoxo

that's harsh, I actually have MCS and didn't get it from over exposing myself but because I have autoimmune condition and if you read my post you can clearly see I do know what I'm doing. just to prove you wrong I'll be back here in a month's time with an update photo

I can see you read some DIY hair blog( link removed by the mods) have copied it and knackered your hair up.

Good luck! I look forward to the picture.

Hi ally e, I'm still a student and not trying to sound rude.
But if you've read the sites rules you will understand that professionals aren't allowed to give consumers advice on chemicals.
That's why people do courses and training.
I guarantee you that if you walk into a salon or wholesaler & ask them this question they won't give you an answer so why would you get one on here...
Xx

Babe, I can tell you 100% that you don't have a scooby do what you're doing! First step to the hair colour you want is to stop kidding yourself that you're a hair pro. You're not.

The recipe you described was always going to go mucky ash. I can tell you why, and could easily get you to your perfect soft 9, but you've been so rude and disrespectful to the pros on this forum that the advice I'll give you is to shave off your mucked up hair, and get a wig.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Talk about bad attitude if u knew what u was doing u wouldnt be on this site lookin for help and be gettin cocky with some of the users on here . Get to a salon or atleast a training college where a tutor will help u ! "Might aswell advise sosmething " ffs...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you know what you are doing why are you asking for our advice? You wouldn't get it anyway but especially not with your disgusting attitude. Take the above advice and shave it off yo can't go far wrong with that.

Sent from my DISTAB9000R using SalonGeek mobile app

If you think our job is so easy walk a day in our shoes . . . .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

1.CONSTRUCTIVE
having or intended to have a useful or beneficial purpose.
"constructive advice"
synonyms: positive, useful, of use, helpful, encouraging; More
antonyms: destructive, negative

To save everyone repeating the same thing getting progressively less and less constructive, lets just put the locks on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back