Please help, I forgot to use primer on a client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trina Jordan

Littlemama503
Reaction score
I did a full set of nails Today on a client Today and forgot the most important part of the Service The primer. Should I call the client and tell her and redo her Nails for free? I feel really bad about this I can't believe I did this. Has anyone else ever done this before? What did you do and how long did the nails last without having primer?

I Use CND Radical Solar system Jodiewood and the primer is required how long do you think the nails will last without primer

What system do you use? I use CND and never use primer
I Use CND Radical Solar system Ms.Wood and it is required how long do you think the nails will last without primer? I appreciate any advice you can give thanks in advanced

Ah I've only ever used the retention so I'm unsure on radical! Someone else may be able to help you though

I use nsi and forgot to prime one of my own hands. They only lasted a week and were lifting and popped off. I'm prone to lifting anyway so I deffo need to prime. If she doesn't normally lift too bad you should get away with it. I would be tempted to ring her, explain and book her in sooner than normal and perhaps charge her a little less next time. I wouldn't infil them xxx

I use nsi and forgot to prime one of my own hands. They only lasted a week and were lifting and popped off. I'm prone to lifting anyway so I deffo need to prime. If she doesn't normally lift too bad you should get away with it. I would be tempted to ring her, explain and book her in sooner than normal and perhaps charge her a little less next time. I wouldn't infil them xxx
The thing Is she's a new client if I call her she might be upset cause she paid for them. I guess I'm not sure how I shoud handle this. I Just Started working in a Salon back in April of this year first time ever. Today wasn't a good day either I am very Nervous about calling this client especially if her nails start to fall off or lifting. Thank you for the Advice

Yeah its hard when it's a new client. I suppose either don't say anything hope for the best and if she doesn't come back put it down to experience. I've been trying to build my clients up esp when I first qualified and tbh I had a lot who only ever had one app cos my application wasn't 100% or they were used to nss nails. Maybe some of the other geeks can help on this. If you think she might become a regular worth speaking to her and fitting her in even after work at home for a free set. But hopefully nothing bad happens and she's fine! X

Yeah its hard when it's a new client. I suppose either don't say anything hope for the best and if she doesn't come back put it down to experience. I've been trying to build my clients up esp when I first qualified and tbh I had a lot who only ever had one app cos my application wasn't 100% or they were used to nss nails. Maybe some of the other geeks can help on this. If you think she might become a regular worth speaking to her and fitting her in even after work at home for a free set. But hopefully nothing bad happens and she's fine! X
Right!!! this Industry is so Hard I am getting so Frustrated I dont don't know what to do My Acrylic application isn't the best either I'm still trying to build clientele and that's not going so well. Welll thanks again good luck with everything!!!

The primer is not the most important step , prep is :)

If you have done a really good prep as shown to you by CND I wouldn't worry too much, CND Radical uses both ionic and covalent bonding making it adhere to the natural nail more than most other L&P brands out there, if I recall correctly I'm sure I've been told that primer use is also optional for this system so long as good prep is done however its main benefit is creating stronger enhancements for heavy handed clients :)

I've done the same and no doubt I might again in the future.
My client returned after 2 weeks and she had some lifting which she doesn't usually have. I've done it with my own nails and they were fine.

Don't worry too much about it. If she gets in touch soon to say there's a problem you could offer to remove and do a new set X

I've done the same and no doubt I might again in the future.
My client returned after 2 weeks and she had some lifting which she doesn't usually have. I've done it with my own nails and they were fine.

Don't worry too much about it. If she gets in touch soon to say there's a problem you could offer to remove and do a new set X
Ok thanks so much for the Advice

I did a full set of nails Today on a client Today and forgot the most important part of the Service The primer. Should I call the client and tell her and redo her Nails for free? I feel really bad about this I can't believe I did this. Has anyone else ever done this before? What did you do and how long did the nails last without having primer?
Yes i did this the other week on my sister..... forgot the powerbond.... some lasted but most pinged off about 2 days after ....

I've dine smoothing gel twice recently without bloody base coat! No idea why!!!! All been okay though [emoji108] xx

I've dine smoothing gel twice recently without bloody base coat! No idea why!!!! All been okay though [emoji108] xx

Subconsciously saving on product as its "only you!" [emoji23]x

I've done this too. A couple of times with gel polish and twice with acrylics (except I did one hand and not the other). One hand lasted perfectly - the other was off in 4-5 days. I now stick the primer right in front of me so I can't miss it if I tried. So easy to do when you're chatting away :(

Subconsciously saving on product as its "only you!" [emoji23]x
They were actually on paying clients [emoji15] been doing nails 4 years no idea what I have started missing base coat out for now haahaha. Like when I had been driving 2 years one night I left the lights on in my car and had to phone recovery, I done it a couple of days later again!!! My brain concerns me at times [emoji23] X X

I have been searching for answers for days. I recently forgot to app primer on to my clients nails and this is the first time this has ever happened. I can say I was too caught up Into the conversation. It’s constantly on my mind how long will the nails last. I did message her that day telling her if she ever needs a fix to make an appointment free of charge because I didn’t know what else to do.. I’m worried, and it’s now making me rethink my work.

We've all done this, don't beat yourself up honestly!
Is your client re booked in with you? Maybe drop her a message in a few days casually asking her how she is getting on with them if she says great then don't mention it if she says they are chipping then fess up and say you think your head wasn't in it and you may have forgotten a step and you will re do her next ones at no charge xx

Thank you so much for helping me i needed that

Thank you so much for helping me i needed that
Awe that's okay, let me know how they go I'm intrigued now. Take care lovely xx

Latest posts

Back