Please help, I'm being sued

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hairdresservwarrior

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm an experienced hairdresser as iv completed hairloss
I have. A client been comping to me since last February. She had a hair loss unit fitted which I did at a model cost of £200 rrp is £1000 upwards. The unit is ment to be maintained every 6 weeks she went 6 months without us even seeing her. When she came in her hair was awful it was that bad it took 2 of us 2 hours to comb through we refused to refit her unit she wasn't happy. We finally refit 3 days later she as happy. 3 months later again no refit she messaged us for new hair so we custom coloured hair and did her a new unit by now my prices have increased but due to her financial situation I did the unit again fir £200 stupid me as the hair cost more than that but I wanted to help her that's why I do what I do. She loved her unit messaged me to say.
4 weeks later she messaged saying she still loves it then her mum messaged saying she has a sore patch. On inspection her scalp was a little dirty and the area looked a little sore but was under 1 of the micro beads like she had been scratching. So I removed the bead cleaned the area and adjusted the unit as it had moved from itching I assumed. She was adviced wash her hair rince in cool water and apply so antiseptic cream to help heal. I messaged a few days later she said it was fine. Then I messaged recommending a blowdry treatment so we can access the situation sh ethen cancelled that appt and rebooked another day. I had an emergency hospital appt so my staff member experienced in extensions cared for her. My staff member said the area looked alot better but advised her to remove her unit but she refused saying fook that il shave my hair first. I came back to work the next day and messaged the above relaying what my stylist said and her word was it's fine the scab nearly came off now and the whole unit is fine. I replied I still advice the above even offer to make her a wig fir a few week while the scalp heals again she refused. 3 days later she messaged me saying the unit is imbeded into her head and the doctors have cut it out and put her on antibiotics recommend a skin graft. I went into work on my day off and was grated by her and her mum very off and I could tell how it was going to plan out. They then told me she wa sin pain at 2am in the morning so they borrowed a neighbours kit the mum admitted to cutting the unit out then shaving the back of her hesd and bandaging it. Then went to the doctors. I immediately removed the unit which she then again started crying seemed staged. Then asked me to refit at this point her well being was my concern I did refit but expressed I needed updates they left happy. They said they don't blame me and unsure what happened. She stsrted on about her mental health saying she couldn't go out etc I kept in contact but 4 days later she messaged saying she was suing me. This was October I got s solicitor letter in January I am so so worried. I did all I could and all my other clients have stood by me and done statements. Can anyone give me any advice I'm ready to close my buisness

Have you seen your solicitor?

If you have all the proof of her not following your advice and cancelling her appts etc surely you will be fine. x

If you have all the proof of her not following your advice and cancelling her appts etc surely you will be fine. x
Yes I have screen shots of all our conversations she's cancelled 9 appts since February 19 I also have screen shots of her selfies over this period she's still wearing 1 of my units also

That’s great...I am sure that you will be fine if you have done everything correctly :) Easier said than done but try not to worry and leave it with your solicitor x

That’s great...I am sure that you will be fine if you have done everything correctly :) Easier said than done but try not to worry and leave it with your solicitor x
I know I'm just so worried I work hard and really care for my clients and this has knocked me. She gave up her job and I feel thats the reason she's doing this

...They then told me she wa sin pain at 2am in the morning so they borrowed a neighbours kit the mum admitted to cutting the unit out then shaving the back of her hesd and bandaging it. Then went to the doctors. I immediately removed the unit which she then again started crying seemed staged. Then asked me to refit at this point her well being was my concern I did refit but expressed I needed updates they left happy. They said they don't blame me and unsure what happened. She stsrted on about her mental health saying she couldn't go out etc I kept in contact but 4 days later she messaged saying she was suing me.

Sorry to hear that you are being chased by an unhappy client.
Unfortunately, in your desire to please the client at any cost, I think you have left yourself wide open to this sort of claim.

Let your insurance company deal with this from now on, and rather than dwelling on it, use this situation as a learning opportunity to ensure that you stay within your training guidelines when assessing whether to continue to offer or withdraw your services in the future.

The client’s mental well being is NOT your concern, assuming that you are a hairdresser and not a psychotherapist, so you need to keep your boundaries with your clients very clear and stop trying to be their savour. It will undoubtedly save you further stress and heartache in the future.

Latest posts

Back