Please Help I'm Having problems with lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellatina0614

Reaction score
:cry: I've been using the Backscratcers Extreme Nail System for about 2 weeks now and I'm having problems with lifting around the cuticle. I'm doing all that I know to do with roughing the nail, pushing the cuticle, doing all the prep work before using the Hygenic Elegance then applying the first base glaze coat. I'm staying 1/16th inch away from the cuticle but in a couple of days the clients are seeing lifting and then pulling and popping them off. I've even started selling them cuticle oil to make sure that they are using it. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG AND HOW DO I FIX IT??????????? Thank You for any input. :irked:

When you file around the cuticle are you making sure you are blending it into the natural nail.
If you have a step when you run your finger over then this will cause lifting.

Have you had a look at the tutorial on her about thorough prep. I use the Backscratchers extreme too and learned alot more about preping the nail to make sure all the none living tissue is removed before appliying any enhancement product and it has made a massive difference.

Product that is too thick around the cuticle area could be causing the lifting. As Andrea has mentioned above, make sure your file around the cuticle area until your product blends into the nail.

:cry: I'm doing all that I know to do with roughing the nail, :irked:

This doesn't sound very good really, I hope you get your problem sorted.
I've seen some people brush dust away with their own fingers (thumb usually), keep this in mind.

Thank You for all the input. Where is it that I would find the tutorial. I'm thinking that the problem may be with the blending around the cuticle. Has anyone else had problems with the nails popping off; I guess I'm asking if it's a good product. I like it because it's thin and strong. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!!! SINCERELY:)

Where is it that I can find the tutorial on here. I'm a new user and haven't found my way around.

Navigation, forums then tutorials. There is loads of useful info on there.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...........Excellent tutorial. I feel inspired. This is a great place and I'm so glad that I happened upon it. :!::!::!::lol:

Latest posts

Back