Please help-im ready to give up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ALEX

Hi guys,

I've been a technition for 18 months and really do love it but im still getting the usual problems of lifting and air pockets. Im doing my best to improve and have recently completed the foundation CND course which I thought was excellent.
However last wk I had a terrible wk of problem clients with terrible lifting, air pockets and loss of nails-im ready to give up.
I especially felt put down when a student came in for an infill, her set had been put on back at home. She was a nail bitter and had left it three wks 4 the infill and there wasn't the tiniest bit of lifting or damage. I know I could never get this result. I asked the client where she had these nails done and I think she said somewhre in the middlands at a place called Hollywood Nails. Another thing that anoyed me was that the client told me the technition said she hadn't been doing it long and that it was a family business and she had come over from thialand!
HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET SOOOO GOOD AND WHAT PRODUCTS DO THEY USE!!
I always get lifting on nail bitters - please help!

Hiya

Oh babes dont give up practice makes perfect. :|
Dont forget with nail biters the extension should only be to the end of her fingers and she should come in every week at first then progress to twice monthly.
Please dont be discouraged, if you are training with creative why dont you take your most problem client along to a One on One session. Im sure you will find it helpful.

Any probs pm me always happy to help.

Thats a good idea but at the moment I think I would need to take about 10 people in with me!!

Think I will defo need to go in for the one to one training.

Thanks for you advice.x:idea:

I've had problems with nail biters too and have found that they need to be done weekly, just thought it was me at first, but i don't have a problem with my non nail biters.

Shelley:)
Little Angel said:
Hiya

Oh babes dont give up practice makes perfect. :|
Dont forget with nail biters the extension should only be to the end of her fingers and she should come in every week at first then progress to twice monthly.
Please dont be discouraged, if you are training with creative why dont you take your most problem client along to a One on One session. Im sure you will find it helpful.

Any probs pm me always happy to help.

Whatever you do dont give up! I havent started training yet so i dont know much, but you realyl shouldnt give up! You have got this far from nothing so just think positive babe, good luck :) xxx

The trouble with nail biters is they generally have a lot of overgrown cuticle skin on the nail plate so you need to spend more time on your prep to make sure it is all removed. Any itsy bitsy bit left will cause lifting.

As has already been said they need to be seen weekly to start with and have their nails very short.

The nails you described that were done elsewhere were not necessarily good but they may have been done using MMA and mechanical means of adhesion. Ask your client if the technicians all wore masks, used e-files, large brushes and if the nail products smelt very strong - all of the above together may be an indication.

Hiya - I too have been doin nails for about 16 months now and have had many problems - a lot less now than to start with (since I started using Bio Sculpture instead of Star Nails products) but with anyone I have had to do a set on who bit their nails I have come across quite a lot of lifting! I'm booked onto a Creative course in June to learn their acrylic and hopefully will be able to get more ideas from them re their type of prep (they seem to use totally different products). I, too, have many a time thought about giving up cos other people's work seems to be better than mine but why spend all that money and do all that training and let it get the better of us? We can't do that to ourselves :sad:

And anyway, I've been doing natural nail overlays on myself and I very rarely have a breakage or lifting these days (and that's without taking n my usual advice to clients to wear gloves when doing housework!) so it makes you wonder with some people if they are just very heavy handed or sit and pick at enhancements!

Don't give up girl - we gotta get there with the best of em at some stage!

All the best - Michelle x

Just to back up what Fiona said...
What made that set of nails stick so well had less to do with good application and more to do with shredding the nail plate.

read up on the prep tutorial and double check your mix.
If you are getting lots of bubbles (especially pocket lifting) than you are most surely working too wet.

Try this: Once you are done with ScrubFresh (assuming that is what you use)... try using it again, but on every other finger. If they stay on better every other finger then you can rest assured that the loss of adhesion is down to your prep.

Hope this helps ;)

please dont give up.i think most of us on this site at one time or another have wrote in asking for help. i got one to one training from my teacher and god did it sort out every think for me.read every thing that the geek has written.but above all don't lose faith .i made it and i was really crap.keep at it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I started a salon up with a Beauty Tech 4 weeks ago, i had doubts whether i was good enough but after people saying "of course you are" and "go for it" i did. I must admit i've had my nightmare clients and i also had one girl bring her 1 year old in whilst i did her nails. Boy did i have to have a lot of patience lol. But i've also got my good clients who look after their nails. These are the ones where lifting is minimal and infills/rebalancing is half the time. I also find nail biters are quite bad and do ask for them to come back weekly for a while.

Shelley

Thanks for all your advice guys, you've boosted my confidence. I love doing the nails and don't want to give up. I know im working with one of the greatest products (Creative - ov course!) so guess I just wait until the practice makes my sets perfect.

Have just got the creative video so will study and practice hard!

Thanks again for all your help.
x.x.x.x.x.x

would you recommend Bio Sculpture? - I have my training course next week, but I have been having a play around with it and seem to have trouble getting that perfect "C"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back