Please help! just trained and going wrong somewhere!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashaonline

Reaction score
Hi!
Ive just trained with the edge gel nails , and have been practising first on my sister they looked great but fell off within 24hours , so I rang my trainer who said did you wipe over with acetone first , I didnt , so I done my mums the next day and they are still on (2days later) but still 1 has fallen off.
firstly the gel came off then the tip

from looking through searches to see if I could find another thread similar , I think maybe I havent wiped the gel off the skin so its lead to it peeling off?

I looked through some tutorials and getting a bit confused now probably as everyones been trained differently

for example alot of people say scrubfresh is great im not trained with creative but maybe this would help
also prepping including cuticle remover - i dont use cuticle remover at mo
also saw a tutorial appling glue on the natural nail instead of on the tip well - does it make a difference?

If anyone is trained with the edge and give me a step by step id be grateful as we had one given and I am going through it as I go along but id like to compare

thanks

Hi, I don't use the edge, but your prep is very important. You mention getting gel on the skin this is a no-no and will cause lifting as well as over exposure for your client.

I am sure that someone that uses your system will help you better than I can. :)

You must ensure that no gel gets on the skin..leave a margin around the edges and zone 3...Cuticle remover isn't a must...some companies teach this way others don't. But it is important to remove the non living skin from the nail plate first.

What i love about scrubfresh is that it does everything i need in 1 ... removes oils...temporaily dehydrates...leaves pathogen fighters....and removes the sticky layer left by cured gel. I would give it a go....but you must work on the above first.

thankyou I am going to do another set today I will see how it goes

x

thankyou I am going to do another set today I will see how it goes

x

I'm by no means a gel expert but I can help you with your prep if you'd like..... I'm in Swindon so if you'd like to get together I can prep your nails, show you how I do it and what products I use......

As regards product application you are probably better off going back to your tutor, but the offer for prep is there is you want it......

hth's

:) Hi, there is a tutorial on here for perfect prepping, go to tutorials click on nail tutorials and look down the list for perfect prepping, Y our prepping is a (major major) part of your application, I would take the offer up Vetty's to show you, and like the other ladies have said no no no should any product touch any part of the skin.

Latest posts

Back