Please help me fix my blonde hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornishgal

Reaction score
Hi, New here, and desp after some help. i naturally have dark mousey blonde hair.. but for years have dyed it at home with ash blonde "helsinki". And my colour has always been gorgeous. Have always had comments on it, not too ash, not too golden.
Well 2 years ago my partner and I were trying to concieve and I decided for safety of baby to dye my hair light brown, so i wouldnt need to bleach hair throughout pregnancy.
My baby is now 10 months old... and alhtough I am def blonde again.. I cant get it right!!

All i did was allow my hair to fade... and didnt really touch it for 9 months, then I did dark blonde... lighter lighter..

Well helsinki does NOT work in my hair anymore..it turns it very very grey! with red underneith.
The nice and easy very light ash blonde is best one... but.. the very top layer of my hair is still turning very ash!! which washes out after a week or two.. but then underneith is still too red....
What should I do..? I never used a hair stripper or..bleach in my hair... is this what i should have done... to kind of start on a new canvas?
I cant afford to go to a hairdressers... any advice be really appreciated, thank you
My hair is very long too

if there is still permanant or a build up of semi on your hair then tint wont lift it - it kinda gets stuck inbetween -this may be whats happened . the grey /ash look is where your hair is less red and dryer ,so its grabbing the tone not cancelling it . give up the home dye and go to the hairdressers , oryou could get a mobile stylist or you can go to a college salon .

i agree, no safe way of giving advice on this, i wud say u need a colour correction which is a big job, u need a proffesional, like above stated, go to a college and get it done dirt cheap by a student under the supervision and instruction of a experienced tutor. . x

i do understand that I need it seen to by a prof. But like I say... i just dont have the pennys to rub together with two young children. \i have done my hair at home for years and its been lovely. i did two years as a trainie hairdresser. But like i say.. i dont know whether its pregnancy hormones or what... but its all gone wrong! I feel i need to cancel out the ash on top layer.. then i could work with the rest of the hair.. I know how to get rid of the brassy look.... but not with all the ash on top.. which this time has gone really ash!! silvery

try your local college, level 3's are crying out for colour correction clients...and the price is as minimal as it can get hun.

Latest posts

Back