Please help me - mobile spray tanning..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treacle69

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
I have read lots of answers on this topic but just want to clarify a few things.
If I am to start up my own mobile business with limited funds then im best to go with a company that provides the equipment, lotion & training to get insurance. Tantrick or Couture seem to be the highest rated. What about Glo Studios?
I live in the highlands and havent a clue what to do. Solglo had bad reviews so they are out, Sienna-x?? Fantasy Tan?? I cant seem to find help in my area. I did find an HVLP system on which looks good - can anyone advise?
Tanprofessionals calling too - are they good for training?
I know im asking alot but if anyone can help it would really be appreciated.x

Thank you I have just logged onto the site and left a message. With her being in England and myself up in the north of scotland training might be a bit difficult.
The correct machine to use is my biggest problem right now.
Glo studios have been most helpful and can give me a starter package for £600 but I can pay £300 and get 1 from tanningsolutions so im needing help in that area too.
Insurance is also a biggie - who do I go with as im going to be mobile?
Aaaarrggghhhh

Solglo isn't a bad solution at all, have you tried it? My clients used to love it.

Professional beauty do insurance for £45 a year, they cover spray tanning xx

Solglo isn't a bad solution at all, have you tried it? My clients used to love it.

Thanks for all the replies. Can i ask why you dont use Solglo anymore and what are you using now? I heard glo studios do Natrasun?? There package arrived yesterday and seemed good.

Fantasy Tan is meant to be No1 for celebs etc - does anyone rate this?

I forgot to ask - which is the best HVLP system to buy if im starting out but will probably do parties to increase awareness?

solglo have just won tanning of the yr award x

I use Urban Tan and is the best solution ive ever used coming in a range of shades theres one to suit all skin types i use a hvlp machine that i bought from the old company i used but what ever company you choose they will be able to provide you with everything you need and to suit your budget.

Last edited:
hello
i noticed that you live in inverness & if you are looking for spray tan training tantrick do training in aberdeen, which wont take you that long to get there. even if you decide that you want to use another spray tan you probably wont get training much closer, i did my training there & i liked the solution, but you wont have to stick to it if you dont get on with it.

i also got my spray tan machine from sharezspraytan.co.uk i found it was the most afordable for me at the time i bought the machine & tent together, you should call them first & talk to them about the machine if you have any questions, i was happy with both items.

hope this helps sharez

i also got my spray tan machine from sharezspraytan.co.uk i found it was the most afordable for me at the time i bought the machine & tent together, you should call them first & talk to them about the machine if you have any questions, i was happy with both items.

hope this helps sharez

You beat me to it,:lol:

Hi, i've just started mobile spray tanning, and found a solution called Solspa Spray Tan Tanning Solutions. Airbrush, HVLP and Booth. (Powered by CubeCart). It goes on really nice, and has a fantastic colour, lasts 5-7 days, and looks really natural, have a look on their website, you can purchase samples. I would recommend the 12% for a nice just come back from spain look. also try, "The Airbrush Co." for your machine, nice and light and v.easy to use.

Hi, I have used sol glo since 2004 and its has given a lovely result each time. No complaints from clients and most of them all had repeat tans, and I used it myself (nearly every week!!). I would recommend it as a good tan.
Good luck with finding a tan!!!:)

I trained with Tantrick a few weeks a go and am very pleased with it.
I bought the whole starter package because it was vat free at the time.The initial outlay is quite expensive but you get plenty of solution and lots of extras in the kit to make a lot of the money back. The support is excellent my trainer is always on the other end of the phone to help me and she said i can also pop and see her for any more help and extra training if required.
The supplier of Tantrick Collin is often on here so the support and service has to be good or he knows he will have a lot of grief.

Hi Gillian,

great to hear that you are happy with Tantrick - I always think that the aftersales support is the most important as the time when you come to use the kit/liquid is the crucial time when you want someone by your side to help you to get into spraytanning the right way.

Treacle I have heard you are in the Highlands, you can contact Nicole from BDS on 01224 644300 (they are the scottish distributor and I think she also goes on salongeek) and she will be able to recommend a training centre near you as they have centres throughout scotland and would be able to help you not only with the training but also ongoing support and help....You can also ask for a sample to test the solution before you go ahead...
Hope this helps but let me know if I can help with anything else....
cheers

hello
i noticed that you live in inverness & if you are looking for spray tan training tantrick do training in aberdeen, which wont take you that long to get there. even if you decide that you want to use another spray tan you probably wont get training much closer, i did my training there & i liked the solution, but you wont have to stick to it if you dont get on with it.

hope this helps sharez

hi just in case i think it might of been
Spray Tan - Self Tanning - Fake Tan - Tanning Lotion - Shadez Spray Tan

i hope xxx :smack:

Hi Everyone,
I posted this topic last october and so I have trained and bought all my products from Sienna-x. Their aftercare support is second to none and Lynne the manager is fantastic if you have any problems. I was trained by Marie in Dunfermline and what a fab day it was. The soloution comes in a range of colours and all my customers love it as it fades from the body as apposed to going all patchy. Colour is natural and smells really nice. Highly recommended!

Gillian I am pleased that you found success with Tantrick. I unfortunately didnt have the same experience. Good luck with your business's and keep in touch everyone.
xxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been using Sun Junkie lotion and find its great, they do varying degrees of colour percentage, but i have found it a fabulous nice even colour(as long as people exoliate of course) not down to the tan!, and any tan thats gets in wrinkly bits after the the spray does not leave a darker area, I do not use there unit at the moment, but will be investing in it soon, and i have found them more than helpful when you ring them and lotion comes the next day.

Hi again
I have just been on the shadez web site there spray units certainly are more affordable if like me you work alone in the salon !!! yipee maybe I can get one quicker than i thought now , has anyone got this unit,? (Sharez has,) can you tell me what the overspray is like?, as I work in a small confined unit . I do have a pop up tent which is invaluable, even this was cheaper on there site than I paid for mine 2 years ago! any info from users would be great thanks
x

Last edited:
Hi again
I have just been on the shadez web site there spray units certainly are more affordable if like me you work alone in the salon !!! yipee maybe I can get one quicker than i thought now , has anyone got this unit,? (Sharez has,) can you tell me what the overspray is like?, as I work in a small confined unit . I do have a pop up tent which is invaluable, even this was cheaper on there site than I paid for mine 2 years ago! any info from users would be great thanks
x

hi carolyn thanks for the chat !! you will love your new unit
and also my new tanning fluid..i prommis

thanks for the nice coms !! rod.:)

Latest posts

Back