Please help me with consultation forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lola Smyth

Reaction score
Please help me!

Hi im Lola im completely new to salon geek so really hoping for some help off!

I have done courses equivalent to an NVQ 2 through college, including acrylic & gel extensions, gel polish, waxing, makeup, brow and lash enhancing, manicures, pedicures, facials, tanning. However i then became sick and was admitted in and out of hospital for maybe a month or 2 at a time and its been over a year since i have done anything but now im feeling 100% better and really looking to go and get a job or rent a beauty room off someone!

But my question is obviously the college is now off for summer so i cant ask my tutor but i need desperate help with consultations forms and i just cant remember how often i do them. I know i have to carry out a consultation with every new client for every new treatment, but for existing clients do i do them every time they come through the door? Do i have to fill in a new consultation form every time they come through the door for the same treatment?

Please help me with any information regarding consultation forms i would really appreciate it as i don't want to look like an idiot if i get an interview because i have been out of practice :(

Glad you're feeling better and looking to get back into work! I don't complete consults for clients every time if they've already done one, I just update their record that I keep after they've been. I ask every time if there has been any change in medications, medical history, or anything else I need to be aware of, and then write on back on my consults if there has and then notes for myself like colour they've had mani/pedi wise, if I focused on any particular area more than usual during massage, etc etc, anything I've noticed or they have mentioned about their skin for face and body treatments.. Etc etc.. Hope that helps a bit!

Glad you're feeling better and looking to get back into work! I don't complete consults for clients every time if they've already done one, I just update their record that I keep after they've been. I ask every time if there has been any change in medications, medical history, or anything else I need to be aware of, and then write on back on my consults if there has and then notes for myself like colour they've had mani/pedi wise, if I focused on any particular area more than usual during massage, etc etc, anything I've noticed or they have mentioned about their skin for face and body treatments.. Etc etc.. Hope that helps a bit!

Aww i can't wait, just feel so deflated because i know thats such a silly question to ask!

Thanks you for that, so do you do a general consultation form for all types of treatments or a separate one for each?

Is it possible to do a general client form with more indepth questions such as name, address, medical history, medication etc and then do a more specific consultation form related to that specific treatment your carrying out or do you have to have everything on the same form?

Also im sorry to be a pain and ask this but i was never taught to do any consultation form when doing a gel polish, acrylic/gel extensions, surely you need to do these?

Aww i can't wait, just feel so deflated because i know thats such a silly question to ask!

Thanks you for that, so do you do a general consultation form for all types of treatments or a separate one for each?

Is it possible to do a general client form with more indepth questions such as name, address, medical history, medication etc and then do a more specific consultation form related to that specific treatment your carrying out or do you have to have everything on the same form?

Also im sorry to be a pain and ask this but i was never taught to do any consultation form when doing a gel polish, acrylic/gel extensions, surely you need to do these?

You can do whichever you prefer really, I guess there is no right or wrong. I have a general form I give to all clients on their first visit with me which includes their details such as name etc, and then medical details including any medications they take, any history of or current cancer treatments, etc. I give all clients this weather they are having an eyebrow tidy or a full body massage. It gathers info for you like telephone numbers and email addresses if you wanted to send out promo bits (I have an option on the form to say no to these if they wish) and if they were to come back for another treatment you already have info. I always run through the consult form with them too X

You can do whichever you prefer really, I guess there is no right or wrong. I have a general form I give to all clients on their first visit with me which includes their details such as name etc, and then medical details including any medications they take, any history of or current cancer treatments, etc. I give all clients this weather they are having an eyebrow tidy or a full body massage. It gathers info for you like telephone numbers and email addresses if you wanted to send out promo bits (I have an option on the form to say no to these if they wish) and if they were to come back for another treatment you already have info. I always run through the consult form with them too X

Thank you so so much for your help i really appreciate it!!

I've, with a LOT of help from clients, have designed these generic consultation forms (designed to be printed at home, with a client record on the reverse)

We re-brand the generic one for clients as it's a "one size fits all" form really!

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 122
I've, with a LOT of help from clients, have designed these generic consultation forms (designed to be printed at home, with a client record on the reverse)

We re-brand the generic one for clients as it's a "one size fits all" form really!

Hi im going to jump on here! Can you email me some different consultation forms you've done for people, as i would be interested in this too?

Hi im going to jump on here! Can you email me some different consultation forms you've done for people, as i would be interested in this too?

There are no different ones ;) That's what we're saying- this is a generic catch-all one.

There are different designs of course, we re-design the colours/branding etc...but the form itself is one-size fits all in terms of questions.

We realise, of course, that it's not going to cover everyone (that's impossible) but we've found that it covers most of the important stuff. If people wanted a totally bespoke form, designers can do that (don't want to be too pushy and say us!)- but it takes a lot longer to do.

This generic one is £15 ....a totally bespoke one with totally bespoke question would cost more, because it'd take longer.

There are no different ones ;) That's what we're saying- this is a generic catch-all one.

There are different designs of course, we re-design the colours/branding etc...but the form itself is one-size fits all in terms of questions.

We realise, of course, that it's not going to cover everyone (that's impossible) but we've found that it covers most of the important stuff. If people wanted a totally bespoke form, designers can do that (don't want to be too pushy and say us!)- but it takes a lot longer to do.

This generic one is £15 ....a totally bespoke one with totally bespoke question would cost more, because it'd take longer.

Sorry that's what i meant, the different designs, could they be emailed to me so i could take a look?

Sorry that's what i meant, the different designs, could they be emailed to me so i could take a look?

I can't I'm afraid, my record system isn't that sophisticated where I can call them all up ;) - you're best having a look through our Facebook page galleries...there's a lot on there!

I've been in the beauty industry since 1989 so I've seen a lot of different record cards over the years!
The ones I always go back to are the ready printed cards you can buy from wholesalers such as ellisons.
The info on the front gives space for all your key questions and the back is just lined so you have plenty of room to write the specific detail for each treatment. Once filled just staple a new card on the back and keep going.

Latest posts

Back