Please help, micro loops-what can I do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience, I agree with what has been said, no one is trying to put you down, it is hard to know who to go with from a client point of fue, but when it come to extensions price is a good guide line although not always, you should be looking at about £270 upward for a full head of extensions 150-200 strands, hopefully there's not to much damage to your own hair, I would not push for a refund as I think you will just cause your self more stress, ask her and if she agrees fine if not I would just leave it at that.

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

Im sorry but i came here for genuine advice not to feel humiliated or belittled :(
She offered me these at a special price, she had also been installing 18inch micro loops 200 strands for £95.00 to other clients with no complaints?

Don't be upset, whatever forum you are posting on within this site and you mention money you will be shot at for using cheap products, so automatically everyone thinks they are crap and that's why it has all gone wrong. It's not always the case every time.

£170 for anything these days is expensive to a lot of people this is why there are so many ranges of budget to luxury extentions. Some of the luxury extensions are turning out to be crap just reading some threads on here!! I did pick up your point that money was not the issue her recommendation was good so why would you not go and try it. I must say the application of these extensions however does not appear to be very good at all, looking at the pictures.

Sometimes it is just the luck of the draw. If the supplier purchases in bulk cheaper costs can be achieved... but more often than not extensionists purchase when required to. I have a micro ring budget range starting roughly about £350 for 200 which are 100% remy and double drawn and are very popular and clients have had them in for months with no problems and we provide monthly maintenance workshops to ensure clients receive the best service and aftercare- and my extensions are not bought from any suppliers on this site or the ones that everyone talks about. If it's going to go wrong you can pretty much guarantee that it will be around Christmas when everyone is busy and rushing and not paying too much attention to detail. This is said for the big chain salons as well. I hope you resolve this quickly. Take no notice of the 'hope you learnt your lesson' crew...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks everyone x

If my post was taken as humiliating, it certainly was not meant to be taken that way.

I was just pointing out that by removing yourself, that could be used as a scape goat as to why your hair is now suffering; even if that is not the case.

I personally feel that from the responses you got and the way the technician reacted that she is not very experienced within the industry which does not mean she is bad, it just could have been handled better.

If I were you I would in future ask to look at insurance and qual certs just to be safe, if you do ever decide to go down this route again - you could even ask here for referrals to a professional within your area, we even put up pics of work etc.

Best of luck.

Hi. Hope you get some money back. Get a good shampoo and conditioner and just be gentle. I don't do extensions but I have some micro beads I use to put my own personnel wefts in and they have never gone gooey like yours in the pic. Her sections are terrible too. Just keep getting a trim on ends every 6-8 weeks this will help xx

Lisa

I think i shall have to take it as a lesson, im still waiting for a decent response from this lady but she continually seems to be fobbing me off so we shall see if it goes any further.
Im gonna stick to my natural hair and treat it the best i can, maybe in a few months time i will look into something similar and i shall definitely take onboard some of your comments and advice.

Thanks everyone for your replies and some of your kind comments lol :)

I think i shall have to take it as a lesson, im still waiting for a decent response from this lady but she continually seems to be fobbing me off so we shall see if it goes any further.
Im gonna stick to my natural hair and treat it the best i can, maybe in a few months time i will look into something similar and i shall definitely take onboard some of your comments and advice.

Thanks everyone for your replies and some of your kind comments lol :)

If you ever decide to get extensions done again definitely research :) also you could post on here to find someone local to you xxx

I want to say please do not be too hard on yourself. You contacted her in good faith. I had my hair wrecked by a guy trained by Andrew Barton, lovely salon etc etc. He cut my hair the wrong way with a pair of thinning scissors. I am getting to the end of it now but it is 3 and a half years on! We do have to trust sometimes. I avoided hair extensions in this period because of the horror stories I have read as I did not want to make my hair any worse although I went to several consultations. There is too little regulation in the hair and beauty industry and all and sundry can set up with very little training and experience. You can only minimise a bad experience by lots of research, personal referrals, checking qualifications and lots of consultations. Your hair will recover. I think it could have been worse than the pictures.

Hi sori I can't c the pictures but from what I have read it's been someone new 2 the hair extensions industry and if she was she really should have let u know I know I did with my 1st few clients and my 1st client had a small problem with some slippin I immediately offered her my 1st appt and rectified the problem. So if u maybe talk 2 her it's sounds like she has been a bit unprofessional? U may also want 2 think about a copper or nickel allergy as this could also be adding to the problem :) hope u get things sorted xx

Latest posts

Back