please help re unhappy French rebalance client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailtekireland

Reaction score
i had a lady in today,getting a rebalance done on acrylics which she had done elsewhere. i did the smile line and balance etc. she rang me back this evening saying she wasn't happy at all with the smile lines,asking why i didnt use the tool her normal nail tech uses. the smile lines were good,but she wants me to do something about them...what should i do??? and what is this tool the other tech is using to make her smile lines perfect?

please help as i told her to come in to me tomorrow to see what she is talking about.
:cry:

It's my guess her old nail tech used to use an electric drill and I understand that there is a "French fill drill bit" which is used to chisel out a half moon shape next to where the white has grown out iykwim;

If you are happy with your smiles and are confident in your work then she really has nothing to complain about; it's maybe a softer or more natural look than she's used to? Yours probably look better in a lot of people's eyes!

Unless you feel like re-doing them for her if you think you can improve on what you did earlier, I would offer her a polish, French or otherwise and then leave it there. She'll have to find a tech who uses the drill.

Did she mention anything before she left you? If she was unhappy she should have said something whilst she was there, preferably whilst you were doing the smiles!

Did they look that different to what you saw and what you were working on?

As she didn't say anything at the appointment, I would suggest as Blossom says, offer a polish.

If you haven't done anything wrong, you should not have to rebalance them again.

Hope this helps.

xx

thanks a million girls! i think mine were good, i haven't had any complaints before! it just knocked me a little. i dont know if she'll be happy with a polish,i'll offer it to her but dont think she'll go for it. ill just have to stay confident in my work.

thanks again
x

agree with what has been said...she left happy and did not mention to you there was a problem....i would aslo ask her wht tool her other tech used...if her other tech as that good why did she come to you??xx

That's the thing. Remain confident in your work. She's probably expecting you to back down and say 'oh I'm so sorry'.

She left happy. If she wants them sorting out, she should have to pay again. You've already done your job once!

xx

i would just wait untill you see her tomorrow before you decide what your going to do.ask her to explain in more detail about what the other tech did/used etc.. and without trying to sound rude see if you can ask her why she left her other tech in the first place.
also explain to her that as you are not the same person as her tech that the results of the finished nails are always going to look different,without the fact that you obviously use a different technique(which isnt always a bad thing).
just go by what happens tomorrow and keep your chin up,i think every nail tech will possibly experience this some point in there career.hths
lets us know how you get on and good luck:)

what i don't get is why did she sit there and let you do them, go all the way home and then decide that she doesn't like them

surely the best time to speak up would have been when she was sitting in front of you

when you see her ask her to explain further what this other tech done

don't let this get you down hun

maybe her other tech used a 'cookie cutter'
its a device made from metal with curved shapes cut into it that you use to trim away the smile line in the acrylic to ensure a crisp edge.

its a little difficult to describe, but i know i've seen a video of one in use on the website of the geek called doiamailbox [joseph pham]

its on MySpace.com - J Pham - 95 - Male - Buffalo, New York - www.myspace.com/doia
toward the bottom of the page on the left there will be a link for glider tips.

theres also a different type available that cuts the white instead of the pink.

Last edited:
its a device made from metal with curved shapes cut into it that you use to trim away the smile line in the acrylic to ensure a crisp edge.

its a little difficult to describe, but i know i've seen a video of one in use on the website of the geek called doiamailbox [joseph pham]

its on MySpace.com - J Pham - 95 - Male - Buffalo, New York - www.myspace.com/doia

just tried the link and nothing seems to be coming up at the bottom of the page saying glider tips:confused:

just tried the link and nothing seems to be coming up at the bottom of the page saying glider tips:confused:

just checked, its not as far down as i thought, bout halfway. on the left, headed 'how to'

3 different slideshows, centre one is 'glider tips'

Some fab vids on there, thanks for the link.
Tracy, try giving it a few mins to load, took a while on my pc HTH

Some fab vids on there, thanks for the link.
Tracy, try giving it a few mins to load, took a while on my pc HTH
thanks pips i will try that.x

thanks for all your help girls! she came in to me the next day, yes she said her other tech used a 'metal object to cut away the line',she thought i was doing something wrong and that all techs did this!
then she booked in for another appt for 2 weeks to have them done again???? i just dont understand people sometimes!!! all that worrying she put me through for nothing!!!:irked:

i think in the end she didnt 'like' them because they were DIFFERENT!!!!! she said she had to get used to them. i didnt ask her why she left her other technician,but to be honest id say it wasn't much seeing how she reacts to things!!!

thanks again to everyone!!! its so great to have so much support!

mwah

Glad you got it all sorted, xx

im glad it turned out to not be abig deal.i think your right in the fact she didnt like them just because they were different and she just presumed that you were doing something wrong as you didnt apply them in the same way her other tech did.glad to here that she already booked in fir her next appointment.i wish my clients were like that:green:

Some people are funny, they expect us to be all the same, like all nail techs are like robots or something! Even weirder is that some clients will move from one tech because they don't like them for some reason then moan because the new one does things differently, erm, there was a reason why you changed in the first place!!!

Latest posts

Back