Please help, so upset with sun labs!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynam121

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, i was wondering if any of you have had experience of using Sun Labs before, on on the verge of tears!:cry:
I recently completed the sunlabs spray tanning course and purchased the black top 1.5 ltr bottle on the day, since last tue i have been practicing on anything that can move :lol:! mostly friends & family, however i also got the tan on the day of training and found myself to have a slightly orange undertone instead of the nice olive/golden colour i am used to with other brands!
To my horror a few of my family and friends have since contacted me, telling me that they too have an orange undertone?which i then went to investigate myself, they defo have an orange undertone also!
I contacted the training school straight away, however they said there is no way possible that the product has made them orange, its my spray tanning technique that has caused this?

Can anybody advise me of what is correct?

I mean, i cant imagine the techinique could change someone orange, suerly it can only be the product that can change your colour?
If i was too close, they would be too dark and runny and if i was to far away they would have little or no colour?

Sorry for the rant, it has just really knocked my confidence for 6!

Have you over loaded the skin with tan? DHA overload can cause an orange look. It could just be the tan...i'm not sure as ive never used it. But this company i'm sure are not going to blame their solution. xxx

not that i know of?
I am following the technique that was shown on the day, carry out the movements twice?
I got a bit of bed roll, to practice the amout of spray ect, until i got it perfect!
I used the last of the tan truth solution i had on my mum and her tan was perfect (application and colour), made sure the machine was properly cleaned as per the instruction manual and then as i had a new product i was so excited to try out, i used this on the rest of the family and i we all have definate orage undertones. Dont get me wrong im not illuminous orange (bride warz style) but having had more spray tans than ive had hot dinners, i know when the colour just isnt right!

Having had them say its the technique, i feel really unsure of myself now?

Oh hun try not to feel disheartened. If you have been fine with other solutions then it has to be the new one that you have changed to and not you!
Do you have an area rep?
xxx

:hug: Don't feel disheartened just yet, I think it's a bit naughty of them to put it down to being your technique. I am personally not a fan of sunlabs and i too think it has a orange tone to it.

Don't forget there are hundreds of spray tanning companies out there, why don't you do some reasearch on them contact them to see if they could send you a sample out and test those to see what you prefer using and feel more comfortable with a different solution. There are plenty of fabulous ones to choose from.

I used sunlab before and hated it , what dha did you use?? x

Thank you all for your kind replys!

I have to go back to the training school and they will have a look at it, and my tanning technique, so i will keep you posted!

Took your advice and i have samples of Xen-tan, Sienna X and Tantrick on its way, so i will have a play around with them (if i can rope anyone else back to try it, :))

Maizy, I used the black top, it is described as Very Dark 12% DHA!

I have also been lightly exfoliating and moist, but i am all patchy and so are the others that i have done! It really is bad looking!

They said there was no way it was orange, but i know what i am looking at, its defo got an orange undertone!

Thank you all again!

Are all the people you tanned fair skinned? If so, I wouldn't have gone upto a 12% personally - I use that for olive, darker skins which tan v easily, for those that burn and then go white I use an 8 but in most cases I use a 10. I haven't used Sun Labs so can't offer my comments with regards to their solutions

Hi Frankey, i was advised by the trainer to buy the balck top, they said this should be fine for the majority of future clients. Most of my family are all olive skined, including myself, also most of my friends are all the same. when carrying out my consultation, i asked them how well they tan in the natural sun ect and knowing them all, i know they all tan well!

Oh dear, well i am just waiting to recieve my samples from the other companies, and i will be sure to try as many out as i can before i make the same mistake again!

thanks

As you describe your skin I would indeed go for a 12% on olive skin that tans well, I have on particular client who has a very very olive skin tone and have taken her upto 18% very slowly I might add!!! (scary when I got past the 16 mark I must admit lol) and her tan is still lovely at that percentage.

I would put your feelers out for a tan which you are happy with, personally I like Tandare very much, Tantrick and also I have been using the 12% chocolate Suntana - smells lovely when you are spraying! All of which develop nicely :)

Don't let this knock your confidence - it doesn't sound like anything you have done.

I had to retrain with tantrick as my original training was that bad and my confidence was rock bottom so understand where you are coming from........ Once you have turned out a few good tans you will wonder what you ever worried about :hug:

sienna x I find orange undertones, also tantrick autumn gold has orange undertones and I find fades awful (stopped using as had lots of complaints) La tan is lovely and brown but I find too much colour guide, (although better than sienna,and tantrick) I am using sunlabs 9 and 12 at moment,,,cant decide if I like as yet ( dont think I will) sunjunkie (orange or red) also trying aviva fingers crossed as heared good things about this tan,,, also dont rate velocity by vani-t,,, (not for price anyways) also made me itch???? xx

I have used sun labs for 2 years now and not once had any issues with it both the red (9%) and the Black cap(12%). At the training they do strongly advise to go for th 12 % which I don't agree with. The difference is one is bronzed brown and the other more a chocolate brown. I have fair skin that will eventually take a colour in the sun and my skin takes both the DHA's. Unsure why it would be orangey I have never had this at all even with the 12% and enhancement drops.

Try contacting Sun labs themselves with your concerns incase it is a bad batch?

Cath
x

I've found that coco bay produces a lovely dark colour on olive skin but it can look a bit odd on fair skinned people so I use sienna-x for them as it has more of a golden colour.:)

Hey guys, big thank you to everyone who has replied!

I am take back the solution next week, so fingers x-d i find something soon, as my website is up and running, insurance through and flyers, business cards and record cards are all wing there way on Monday :)!

L x

sienna x I find orange undertones, also tantrick autumn gold has orange undertones and I find fades awful (stopped using as had lots of complaints) La tan is lovely and brown but I find too much colour guide, (although better than sienna,and tantrick) I am using sunlabs 9 and 12 at moment,,,cant decide if I like as yet ( dont think I will) sunjunkie (orange or red) also trying aviva fingers crossed as heared good things about this tan,,, also dont rate velocity by vani-t,,, (not for price anyways) also made me itch???? xx

hi Katie! gosh you have been trying them all haven't you! i have just started trying loads and i really really like both tantrick and Sienna x pm think really is personal choice! though i too didn't like sun lab. really not keen on sun junkie either. have recently tried xen tan which is nice if you want a natural brown toned tan. tried celebrity secrets but not as good! still have velocity and Nouvatan to try! x x
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi, I had a sun lab tan done last week and I loved it when it was spayed on but the following morning after my shower I definately felt like I was slightly orange in places. Have now tried LA tan 10% and I really like this and dont feel orange but like previously mentioned there was a lot of guide colour to be showered off, but no smell at all with this tan which I thought was great.. Trying Nouvatan next week.

Latest posts

Back