Please help UV gel extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BethSmith34

Reaction score
Hello,

I am hoping someone will please help me, i'm driving myself crazy :(

I have been doing my friends nails, they have asked for gel extensions so I have been using the clear Sally's Salon UV gel then going over them with gel polish. Doing about 3 layers.

I have done 5 sets and each person has said they have snapped right at the apex.

No matter how much i try and build the apex it still always looks so flat even after 3/4 layers, is this because it isn't classed as builder gel and this is what i need when doing tips with gel? Or is Sallys UV Gel not that great altogether?

You definately need builder gel aka hard gel to be able to build an apex. x

I would say that it's not one of the preferred brands...it's probably ok for training but I would look for different brands out there. Lots of them send out free samples or you can get trial kits.
Have a look at Ink London, a good professional brand with good results. It doesn't cost the earth either and you can buy trial kits.

I would say that it's not one of the preferred brands...it's probably ok for training but I would look for different brands out there. Lots of them send out free samples or you can get trial kits.
Have a look at Ink London, a good professional brand with good results. It doesn't cost the earth either and you can buy trial kits.

Thank you, I have recently just ordered a brush from them so I will definitely look at the gels.

Can anyone please advise me on this subject. I've just purchased ibd builder soak off. I want to use it with tips to have extensions. Can someone advise the full process as there is nothing online. I just want to see if I'm missing anything out! Xx

Latest posts

Back