Please help with CND purchase.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielleclark

Reaction score
Hello Geeks,

I'm currently doing my NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy and we now have clients coming in for manicures. The polishes at college are a bit rubbish to say the least, and we're allowed to bring our own in instead.

Due to the level of support on here for CND I've decided to go for them but I don't have much money and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction for the basics.

I'm thinking Stickey, Creme Puff and Negligee for French and Company Red for red. Would you say these are wise choices?

I'm also unsure which top coat to go for. Should I get Dry and Shine, or Super Shiney? I've heard that Super Shiney takes ages to dry so should I get a fast drying topcoat instead, or a quickdry spray?

Help!

Hello Geeks,

I'm currently doing my NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy and we now have clients coming in for manicures. The polishes at college are a bit rubbish to say the least, and we're allowed to bring our own in instead.

Due to the level of support on here for CND I've decided to go for them but I don't have much money and was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction for the basics.

I'm thinking Stickey, Creme Puff and Negligee for French and Company Red for red. Would you say these are wise choices?

I'm also unsure which top coat to go for. Should I get Dry and Shine, or Super Shiney? I've heard that Super Shiney takes ages to dry so should I get a fast drying topcoat instead, or a quickdry spray?

Help!
Your choices sound good to me, as do your base and top coats. I user super shiney all the time and give the nails a spritz with solar speed spray.

Super Shiney here too....i dont find it takes long to dry at all.

If you are wanting to purchase CND enamels you will need to set up an account with them first, phone their UK head office on 0845 2106060

Your colour choices are good, a lot of us use moonlight and roses too for the french, it looks great in summer,
i use super shiny too, does what it says hth

Hi Danielle,

Your choices sound great I have all these and would definity say they are the most popular choices from my clients, I always find in the winter my super shiney takes a while to dry but to be honest I think it due to my own and clients hands being cold! so investing in some solar speed spray would be helpful. xx

Definately the super shiney and Solar Speed spray. Quick drying in a few minutes, and clients always comment on the lovely smell x

Thank you geeks! Very helpful advice, I'll give them a ring tomorrow xxxx.

they are all good hun , you can get speedy topcoat too , or air dry which has a really good shine to it too , hth xx

yep you've picked some winners there.
Also when you ring S2 they will be able to give you their 'top ten' colours, my clients have gone colour mad since christmas, and are going for dark rich shades (cuppa joe,burgundy foil, decadence)
free is another option for your french, which I use a lot,
and I use air dry lovely finish and very fast drying xx

Latest posts

Back