Please help with my odd nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
As a child I was a severe nail biter and to a certain extent they had never really recovered. I didn't bite the tops of the nails so much but all down the side walls nearest the thumb - if you see what I mean. This has left me with extremely deep natural smiles on one side, my ring and middle fingers being worst affected. I am also extremely prone to onycholysis (even before I wore enhancements)

I find doing smile lines very tricky as I try to balance up both sides of the nail and they can look quite strange (I avoid pink and whites for this reason)

Fitting tips it hard too because if I have a tiny bit of free edge on top I have loads at the sides.

Sculpting is hard enough on myself anyway without this problem, I just cannot get a fit.

I know that custom blending would probably be the answer but I only really use Brisa now and the warm and cool pinks just don't provide enough coverage.

Has anyone got any suggestions ? :confused: I used to wear polish all the time but I just don't find it practical to work in.

Thanks guys

Adele why not go for a coloured gel in a natural pink which would cover this but also look natural enough for work ?
Custom blend would be the way to go as you have written because you Can cover up any problems and rectify them.

for a better coverage with Brisa you can apply a thin layer of soft white to the whole nail first...then your pink...it creates a more opaque look. Not sure but i think it was GMG who said about it.

My friend has nails like yours Adele, her is caused by nibbling and picking, due to psoriasis on her hands and fingers.
You need to use a full well tip and pre-tailor to get a good fit for the well, ensuring it adheres to all of your free edge.
When wanting a more opaque look from Brisa french pinks apply your bonder layer, cure, then a thin coat of POW, cure, then your pink, it gives a better coverage, Sam advised it in a thread a while back and it works :D

for a better coverage with Brisa you can apply a thin layer of soft white to the whole nail first...then your pink...it creates a more opaque look. Not sure but i think it was GMG who said about it.

That would work well I must have missed that Angie :hug:

My friend has nails like yours Adele, her is caused by nibbling and picking, due to psoriasis on her hands and fingers.
You need to use a full well tip and pre-tailor to get a good fit for the well, ensuring it adheres to all of your free edge.
When wanting a more opaque look from Brisa french pinks apply your bonder layer, cure, then a thin coat of POW, cure, then your pink, it gives a better coverage, Sam advised it in a thread a while back and it works :D

That would work well I must have missed that Angie :hug:

Sandi i cant find the thread anywhere....any idea what is was...??..xx

Thanks girls, I'll give that a go - I must have missed that one.:o

Since I really hate tips as they grow up the back of my nail, has anyone got any hints on sculpting on these deformities or have I missed that too.:o

I don't do very well with searches........sorry

Latest posts

Back