Please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitzyGirl

Reaction score
Hiya,

I hope someone can help me out here, as I am really confused.
On sunday I did my sister-in-law's nails with Brisa. When I finished they looked fabulous and she really liked them (let me tell you, she's very hard to please whatever you do). However she phoned me up last night saying she's in pain. Since monday she's had pain round her cuticles and side walls, and they look slightly swollen. I did everything correctly as far as I am concerned, prep and everything else. She says there's one lifting at the side wall, but rest look o.k. I asked her if there was any tips or anything digging into the skins, but she said no.
I hope I've explained things clear enough for someone to be able to work it out and help me, as she's coming tomorrow for me to have a look.

What should I do, file off as much as I can and then soak them off?

Thanks in advance
Aylin

one good thing- her pain can't the that bad or she would be wanted to see you sooner - has she ever had enhancements on before and had a contra-action?

What prep work did you do? Did you do any cuticle work? It sounds like you were probably too rough on her cuticles either with your nippers or with your file while doing your finishing work.

Well how much bond did you use?
Use this very carefully and sparingly, as this can cause irritation and soreness......
Avoid skin contact at all costs.....
Is she a quiet sensitive soul, does she suffer from any allergys, or Dermalogical problems, Excema or the like ????
The Brisa Gel is Hypoallergenic so I doubt it's that, but the bond- which acts as a primer, to provide the chemical bond, could be the cause.............
So easy does it................Also check if the inflamation has settled down or is presistent........
I doubt as to buffing the gel off would cure the inflamation............
Any clues Gigi??????
HTH

AYLIN said:
Hiya,

I hope someone can help me out here, as I am really confused.
On sunday I did my sister-in-law's nails with Brisa. When I finished they looked fabulous and she really liked them (let me tell you, she's very hard to please whatever you do). However she phoned me up last night saying she's in pain. Since monday she's had pain round her cuticles and side walls, and they look slightly swollen. I did everything correctly as far as I am concerned, prep and everything else. She says there's one lifting at the side wall, but rest look o.k. I asked her if there was any tips or anything digging into the skins, but she said no.
I hope I've explained things clear enough for someone to be able to work it out and help me, as she's coming tomorrow for me to have a look.

What should I do, file off as much as I can and then soak them off?

Thanks in advance
Aylin

Hi Aylin

Just a thought, could it be that some of the gel had stuck to her sidewalls and/or cuticles and she has pulled the skin away from the cured gel?

This happened on one of my fingers once when the gel ran into my lateral folds and I hadn't noticed until it had cured, as I say just a thought......

Thanks for your replies every1,

Thinking of all the things you've said I know I did the right things. It's definitely not her cuticles as I did'nt use nippers and I was extra careful with the files (as she's very fussy and blunt with her words and I would'nt hear the end of it if I did hurt her), I used the liquid bond very sparingly making sure it did'nt touch her skin, as for the gel running into the lateral folds, I could'nt see any but I can't be 100% sure, but I did check it all afterwards.

So it looks like I am still stuck, and she'll be here in about 3 hours.

Gigi, if you're on site and reading, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help.

Thanks
Aylin

Hi, sorry I did not see this post earlier.

What i want you do do is to look and see if the problem exhists on every nail? or just a few? Exactly how do they look and feel now?
Is it the first tiem shehas ever had nails done etc.
If they are not painful at themoment then I woud not remove them.

If you send me your telephone number I will call you when you say and we can discuss it while the client is there. How about that?

geeg said:
Hi, sorry I did not see this post earlier.

What i want you do do is to look and see if the problem exhists on every nail? or just a few? Exactly how do they look and feel now?
Is it the first tiem shehas ever had nails done etc.
If they are not painful at themoment then I woud not remove them.

If you send me your telephone number I will call you when you say and we can discuss it while the client is there. How about that?

I would be so grateful to you Gigi.
It's not the 1st time she's had her nails done, but she says she never had this problem before. I asked my brother (her husband) how they looked, and he said she showed him but he could'nt see anything. She told me that on sunday night (when she had them done) she could'nt sleep with pain, but she waited until wednesday to ring me, which makes me think it can't be all that bad. But I still want to do my best for her, as like I said she's very blunt with her words and I won't hear the end of it, and she will give me a bad reputation without a second thought (some sister-in-law)lol.

So I'll pm you my phone number and will be forever grateful to you if you can help me Gigi.

Thanks
Aylin

Aylin,

Please let us know how things go and what transpires after your consultation today.

Geeg, that is such a lovely thing to offer to do.... wow... reminds us that there are still some fantastic humans walking on the same planet as us !! :biggrin:

Hope everything turns out well.

Carol

Im intrigued, let us know what the probable cause was.

l was wondering if the tips may have been slightly smaller than her nail/s as that can cause discomfort and redness as it pinches the natural nail. or the shape of her nails are they flat? and a curved tip applied that can cause the same thing. l made this mistake once many years ago when l first started out. Naughty me. But l learnt a valuable lesson.

It could be she had a skin irritation from the dust.

smiler13334 said:
Im intrigued, let us know what the probable cause was.
was wondering if the tips may have been slightly smaller than her nail/s :: as it pinches the natural nail.
It could be she had a skin irritation from the dust.

Well I talked to Aylin at length and she has since PM'd me after seeing her sis in law.

Husband could see no sign or reason for any pain at the time. There is no sign or redness or swelling or irritation now.

Brisa Gels are also hypoallergenic gels so the chances of any irritation is very slim. Brisa Gels also have a very LOW shrinkage so we don't think it is that either. In fact what we think is that sis in law (bless her) may be just a touch wanting a bit of attention and fussing over so we are taking it all with a "pinch of salt". for now. She didn't want them removed anyway!! :D

I will let Aylin tell you more.

geeg said:
Well I talked to Aylin at length and she has since PM'd me after seeing her sis in law.

Husband could see no sign or reason for any pain at the time. There is no sign or redness or swelling or irritation now.

Brisa Gels are also hypoallergenic gels so the chances of any irritation is very slim. Brisa Gels also have a very LOW shrinkage so we don't think it is that either. In fact what we think is that sis in law (bless her) may be just a touch wanting a bit of attention and fussing over so we are taking it all with a "pinch of salt". for now. She didn't
want them removed anyway!! :D

I will let Aylin tell you more.

Yes geegs,

Gigi's right.
After checking her nails thoroughly, I could'nt see anything much wrong, not with Brisa anyway.

Anyway the new news is that, after I let it slip that I am going to remove my tips and grow my own nails out with Brisa, my lovely sis-in-law has decided that that is what she wants to do as well.

Say noooooooooooooooo more.

Well, from now on I won't tell any1 my intentions with my nails.

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooo much Gigi, it was great talking with you and you are a wonderful lady.

Sorry about your phone bill.

Aylin

hi

GIGI your fab what a lovely thing to do, its so comforing knowing we have such great back up and support from you and your team.

Here's the latest,

As I said in the last post, she has decided to grow her own nails out, so yesterday I removed her enhancements. And let me tell you I've personally never seen anything file off so easily and quickly, there'no need at all for soaking, Brisa is a breeze (o.k,o.k)lol.
Now she is left with natural nails without Brisa as I did'nt have time to do them, with 3 kids running around and a baby trying to climb up her lap, preparing dinner for 10 people etc. etc. Oh, what a lovely day I had !!!!!!!!

But amongst all that Gigi was my saviour with her phone call, comforting and very helpful words.

She's an angel.

Aylin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back