Please Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacey

Reaction score
Hi

Ive been highlighting my hair "white blonde" for years and fancied a change to a dark brunette. I used a semi mid brown to start off with and basically did not like myself with dark hair.

I then used a permanent light blonde but in places I went orange/ginger. I then tried an ash blonde and this just lightened the orange parts to a light orange / strawberry blonde sort of. So I used a clairol born blonde kit and toner but probably didnt leave it on quite long enough as i know they can be quite harsh but it certainly did help.

I then continued using ash blondes and was almost at a colour I liked - then I used a different make of ash blonde and I went a dishwater / grey colour - i was due to go out that evening so went to look for a toner - the only one i could find was a honey colour and i was unsure about using it but i did and left it on for 3 mins instead of 15.

I took it off and low and behold my roots were bright orange - i then rushed out and brought an ash blonde dye and popped it on and it took most of the orangeness away.

At the moment my hair is light blonde with light ginger roots and sections of light ginger in places and underneath. Id give anything to have my old highlighted white blonde or full head colour white blonde but just cant seem to achieve this.

I cant really afford to go to a salon and havent an occassion coming up where by I can justify spending a fortune on my hair. All of the above I ve done over the last 3-4 months - does anyone have any suggestions as to what may help to even my hair colour all over and remove the ginger tones?

Thanks x

Hi

Ive been highlighting my hair "white blonde" for years and fancied a change to a dark brunette. I used a semi mid brown to start off with and basically did not like myself with dark hair.

I then used a permanent light blonde but in places I went orange/ginger. I then tried an ash blonde and this just lightened the orange parts to a light orange / strawberry blonde sort of. So I used a clairol born blonde kit and toner but probably didnt leave it on quite long enough as i know they can be quite harsh but it certainly did help.

I then continued using ash blondes and was almost at a colour I liked - then I used a different make of ash blonde and I went a dishwater / grey colour - i was due to go out that evening so went to look for a toner - the only one i could find was a honey colour and i was unsure about using it but i did and left it on for 3 mins instead of 15.

I took it off and low and behold my roots were bright orange - i then rushed out and brought an ash blonde dye and popped it on and it took most of the orangeness away.

At the moment my hair is light blonde with light ginger roots and sections of light ginger in places and underneath. Id give anything to have my old highlighted white blonde or full head colour white blonde but just cant seem to achieve this.

I cant really afford to go to a salon and havent an occassion coming up where by I can justify spending a fortune on my hair. All of the above I ve done over the last 3-4 months - does anyone have any suggestions as to what may help to even my hair colour all over and remove the ginger tones?

Thanks x

Hi there , Welcome to the site,

Really it looks like you may have to go to a professional hairdressers for a colour correction after all ,
otherwise you are just wasting your money by buying more products that are not dong the job,
How long? and how much money have you now spent on your hair and not achieved the look you want ?

Also as we cannot see or touch your hair to assess it , we can only recommend that you go to a professional hairdresser who can.

I would suggest to pop along to your local college where they do colour correction ,
The students who do Colour correction are already fully qualified hairdressers doing an advanced level 3 ,
Plus the teachers are on hand too,

They may be able to colour correct it for you , plus it wont be as expensive as a salon ,
give them a call and get your hair professionally sorted , you may even end up being a regular there for your maintenance, good luck :hug:

OMG! Do you still have strands of hair left on your head????? *lol* (just pulling your leg)

Please get yourself to a professional, even they may not be able to touch this now, but you will get PROFESSIONAL advice.

You should never have to justify having gorgeous hair ;) we train long and hard at colouring and it never ends. (Feels rant about shop bought colours coming on *lol*)

Good luck and keep us posted :)

I think you are deffo in need of a good Hairdresser/Colour Technician.
A lot of hairdressers have model days, a fraction of the normal cost and they are supervised. A cheaper alternative and you hair will thank you for it.

JMHO

Thanks everyone for your advice / suggestions etc

Yes I am surprised I have any hair left at all lol - well you've all suggested seeing a professional - I'll book a free consultation somewhere and see what they say and then start saving lol x

Will keep u updated x

Sounds like in the long run that by going and seeing a professional that you will saving money and saving your hair.

Did you know that most hairstylist will charge the double cost of a normal coloring to troubleshoot and correct a home color gone bad?
In the long run, it is cheaper to get your locks taken care of by a professional.

Latest posts

Back