Please Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miami

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Have enjoyed reading your posts and got some real good info, wondering if you could help me on a few things thouhg.

I have enrolled onto a Nail Technology course NVQ level 3 which is due to start next week, would any of you know if this qualification is sufficient to work as a nail tech and do you know if i can work on this without having done any level 2 work? The course tutor i enrolled with was the Beauty Therapy tutor and she didnt know much! I did do the first year of my BTEC in Beauty Therapy a few yrs ago but decided to drop out at the time.

Any advice would be much appreciated! What are the best nail systems to use and what mag should i subscribe to?

A confused but happy Miami x x x

Miami said:
Hi everyone,

Have enjoyed reading your posts and got some real good info, wondering if you could help me on a few things thouhg.

I have enrolled onto a Nail Technology course NVQ level 3 which is due to start next week, would any of you know if this qualification is sufficient to work as a nail tech and do you know if i can work on this without having done any level 2 work? The course tutor i enrolled with was the Beauty Therapy tutor and she didnt know much! I did do the first year of my BTEC in Beauty Therapy a few yrs ago but decided to drop out at the time.

Any advice would be much appreciated! What are the best nail systems to use and what mag should i subscribe to?

A confused but happy Miami x x x

This is certainly enough to work! It is a very full level for nails. It doesn't however include manicure and pedicure though. presumably you did this in your beauty so it's fine.

The only comment I would make though is check you are being taught by a lecturer who is very experienced in nails and not a therapist who has done a short course or two! NVQ 3 is pretty advanced.

Good luck
Marian

Hi Marian

Thanks for your advice, its gratefully received.

The tutor actually owns her own salon so i imagine this will be better!

Claire x

PS Yes i did manicure and pedicure in my BTEC but surely she should go over it again if i ask politely!

Latest posts

Back