Please Inspire me! Nails for my Engagement Party..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SallyGirlJojo

Reaction score
Hello to all creative and talented Nail techs out there!

Bit of challenge for you all on this sunday evening..

It is my engagement party next week and I'm wondering what to have on my nails, fingers and Toes. I've currently got 'Tiger Blossom' Gelish on my fingers (been on for 2 weeks which needs to come off, and I think will clash with my dress) and the reminence of Leopord Minx on my Big Toe.. So I'm a blank Canvas.

My dress looks like this...

dress.jpg (click for a bigger picture)

Any ideas? I'm thinking some kind of nail art, something sparkly possibly? Anyway, I shall Leave you to ponder and if you have any pictures, ideas, polishes you think would match please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Jojo

Hi congrates on your engagement!
How about a simple French with maybe a cluster of different size crystals along the smile line! I hope iv explained it right!:)

Mmmm Jessica do a pink that would match that dress a treat - I would do extended nail beds to macth your skin tone, free egde in the pink to match your dres with the ring fingers done with teeny diamantes to reflect the pattern on the bust of your dress :D

Then I would do your toes in the same but with the lunula on the big toe done in diamantes too :D xx

Firstly congratulations and that's a beautiful dress :)

I would do a pink to match the dress as a base colour then tiny dimantes diagonally across the ring, thumb and big toe :) x

Thanks for the Congratulations all of you!

They all sound so great, see I was thinking a nice french with diamantes, but then pink will go so well.. really stuck on this one!

Keep them coming, Rhinestones on the ring finger have to be a definate for sure! ;) xxx

EDIT: Brittone.. Don't suppose you know the name of the Jessica off the top of your head? The salon I used to work at sells Jessica so could see if they have it in stock

personally i would go crazy and do french with a silver tip then silver glitter or (crown me already by opi - new colour miss universe collection) would work a treat, then as the other person said a smile line of diamontes. perfect!

found a picture on google from a website called noticablenails.co.uk.
tips glittery like this then add the diamonds!

nail-art-pic-7.jpg

Congratulations hunny, the dress is stunning.

You could have sparkly nails to match the sparkle in your dress.

personally i would go crazy and do french with a silver tip then silver glitter or (crown me already by opi - new colour miss universe collection) would work a treat, then as the other person said a smile line of diamontes. perfect!

nail-art-pic-7.jpg

these are gorgous !!!! I Would go for something like this and add crystals and a pink on your toes which matches the colour of your dress x

Wow they are beautiful, thank you so much! x

Congratulations! Gorgeous dress!

I'd do pink to match you dress, with crystals on thumb and ring finger. I'd do the crystals in the lines to match the silver on the dress. Wish you were near me so I could do it!

Have fun!

Will root through my polishes tomorrow and try to find it for you hun i have it here some place :D xx

Congrats hunny. Love the dress. I would do french manicure but with pink tip to match your dress. Diamonties on each smile line then on both ring fingers and big toe adding more detail with lace or freehand flower design on nail plate x

Congrats hun and beautiful dress

How about gossip girl (gelish) with some silver freehand nail art for fingers then silver and pink crystal pedi for your toes xx

Congrats!!:D

Well I'm far from the most elegant or artistic nail person around (nor the best photographer lol) but I was inspired while battling insomnia- so I thought I'd share some ideas.

Used what I had easy access to, so the gems and flat stones are a little bigger than I would have liked, but I hope they inspire you too x

Attachments

• P0119_15-08-11.JPG
    P0119_15-08-11.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 2,940
Fee they are absolutely amazing.. thats just what i'm after! A mix of everything! French, gems and glitter! What gems did you use on the ring finger?

Hope you get some sleep tonight! xxx

nail-art-pic-7.jpg

These nails look lovely!!!

Fee they are absolutely amazing.. thats just what i'm after! A mix of everything! French, gems and glitter! What gems did you use on the ring finger?

Hope you get some sleep tonight! xxx

Thank you, I'm glad you liked the ideas. :)

I used flat 'dots' I guess you'd call them, thin ones. They're holographic and came in a multi-color pack from Sally's. Pretty sure you could find something similar at any supplier though. If you have trouble though, and you liked those exact ones, I wouldn't mind posting you some down xx

( I used a dotting tool for the middle finger and standard gems for the other, If you wanted to know that too lol)

Nope, no sleep for me, I've learnt to live without it!

How ironic, I used to work at Sallys, - Hence 'SallygirlJojo'.. I know the pack they are in, will go and grab some, thank you for your kind offer.

Ok, I'm going to go for it, very quietly and patiently on Friday night, sit down with all the products and do them. My nails are really long at the moment too because of the gelish, which I'm going to leave on until friday.. so wish me luck I don't break any on the day!

How ironic, I used to work at Sallys, - Hence 'SallygirlJojo'.. I know the pack they are in, will go and grab some, thank you for your kind offer.

Ok, I'm going to go for it, very quietly and patiently on Friday night, sit down with all the products and do them. My nails are really long at the moment too because of the gelish, which I'm going to leave on until friday.. so wish me luck I don't break any on the day!

you will have to take photos for us when you have done them !! x

just thought id bring this back to the top , as im wondering and im sure other geeks are wondering to what design did you go for in the end? and did you have a fab engagement parrty?????:lol:

Latest posts

Back