Please, Please, Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heather111

Reaction score
HELP ME!!!

I have been trying for weeks to get a paraffin wax spa (not the dipping type-needs to be big enough for elbows etc) and I can't find one anywhere! I was so close in getting the Remington one but have now been told that they no longer have it in stock. Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a good spa?

:cry: :cry:

There are various ones out there - check out Sally's, Ellisons, Beauty Express, Designer Nails - in fact - just about anywhere you buy nail supplies will have their own version of the wax spa - they vary in price from £50-£60 right up to about £200 depending on what you go for.

Thanks Fiona. I'll have a look at their websites. The only thing I didn't want was to order one that takes about 10 hours for the wax to melt!!!

:sad:

Does anyone "brush the wax on" rather than dip. My machine does not have a heat regulator and a few clients have commented on it being a bit hot, so rather than give them 3rd degree burns, thought it may be better to brush it on, but what with?? - and is it as effective as dipping??, any thoughts would be great

I always brush the wax on for the same reason u mentioned ,clients say its to hot. It is just as easy as diping takes bit longer but u just cover the whole area with wax, i usually 4-5 coats. i use a brush that u can buy from wholesalers its about a 2inch one hope u can make sense and that this has helped u
Jackie

Can anyone recommend a good wax spa? I know there are so many out there........Ideally not one that takes forever to melt!!!!!

I have the Remington one which takes 1.5 - 2 hours to melt fully. It cost about £60 and I really don't use it much. Beauty Express do one which looks almost exactly the same as the Remington one for £59.95. Or check out your local wholesalers.

I suggest you get a reasonably inexpensive one to start with to see if you have lots of requests for it - I find now that clients prefer to have a different luxury manicure - I do a lot more Solar Drench or Spa manicures.

Let us know what you choose in the end.

suzie01895 said:
Does anyone "brush the wax on" rather than dip. My machine does not have a heat regulator and a few clients have commented on it being a bit hot, so rather than give them 3rd degree burns, thought it may be better to brush it on, but what with?? - and is it as effective as dipping??, any thoughts would be great

I use the salon system with the self contained pots - very good and I brush the wax onto the client - yes it's not as quick but doesn't take very long to apply but I am sure just as effective on the result....hth..Louise

Hi guys

Excellent parafin bath to use is GIGI and you can order it through graftons. They are around £80. Nice looking too, and yes you can get elbows in it, or knees if that is necessary.

hi ya gina is that the one with the lockable lid and didgital controls on it ? had a looky on their web site and this was the only one i could see that you may be talking about looks pretty flash!! was that price incl vat? cheers hun xxx :D :D

sequinto said:
I always brush the wax on for the same reason u mentioned ,clients say its to hot. It is just as easy as diping takes bit longer but u just cover the whole area with wax, i usually 4-5 coats. i use a brush that u can buy from wholesalers its about a 2inch one hope u can make sense and that this has helped u
Jackie
crickey I only do 1 coat - which wax do you use - maybe I'm not putting enough on? Louise..

Nicky,

It's the swanky didgital one, in cream with a brown lid. It cost aprox 80 - 85 quids, think you have to pay VAT on top. It's paid it'self back already to be honest, and everyone thinks it's worth a fortune as it looks so funky. Worth every penny, very easy to use, tells you temp, so no burns either. Go for it.

Hi Gina

Could you or anyone who uses the Gigi paraffin wax heater tell me how long it takes to heat up? There have been several posts that talk about some very long heat up times for some heaters.
Thanks

Hi

I have a separate pot for paraffin wax that I use in my normal wax heater. It only takes minutes to melt, and it is thermostatically controlled so no burns.
I bought it at the Scottish Beauty show in Edinburgh last year for about £35 (starter kit) from HIVE, then I bought an extra insert pot - about £8 I think.
I just change the pots and store the one I'm not using: cream wax in one and paraffin wax in the other.
Also I bought the peach smelling paraffin wax - it smells lovely and my clients love it. I paint on a few coats, the more coats the easier it is to remove. Put the pot as close as you can to your client's hand/foot to avoid drips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back