Please raise awareness of Sepsis!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallysally

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

I know I usually post very controversial comments but I would like to share my Story hoping it can make a difference.

On Friday 5th march my mom was unwell with a sore back and the doctor was called as she couldn't move...he examined her and prescribed pain killers for a pulled muscle,Sat 6th march lunchtime she was been sick and still in pain,Sat 6th march on the evening my dad took her the hospital as she had vomited blood, they kept her in overnight and when my dad returned on Sun 7th March early in the morning he was met by the senior Intensive care consultant and told she was very very ill and her organs were shutting down and as a family we should prepare for the worst.I will never forget that phone call off Dad that Sunday morning,I went hysterical and couldn't stop screaming.... Mom passed away in the early hours of Monday 8th March in the ICU unit from complete organ failure ....she had SEPSIS and by the time they recognised the symptoms it was too late.

I am heartbroken and devastated beyond words....mom was my best friend......I also have an 11 week old daughter who was conceived through ivf after a 5 year fertility battle.My mom was so happy to finally be a grandma.....

My point of this post is not for sympathy but to try and raise awareness about sepsis and how the NHS need to find a screening for it before more people lose lives! There is lots of information about it online....please geeks read about the symptoms and tell everyone you know

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Having lost my father to the same condition, I totally understand how you must be feeling.

After your own personal struggles, your mum must have been so happy and proud for you to become a mum yourself, and herself a grandma.

Thoughts are with you at this extremely difficult time.

I recently read a book which highlighted sepsis and told all my friends to google it. I'll check that they all now know what it is after reading your post xx

I'm so sorry for your loss....I wish there was more that I could say.....my aunts life support was turned off this week she had pneumonia and sepsis and her vital organs all shut down ....I too am broken....my heart goes out to you X

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and thanks for raising awareness, I'm off to google symptoms.

I'm a different person since losing my Mum, life will never be the same Xx

So Sorry for your loss i lost my Dad to mesothelioma on the 8th of February and I feel so lost. My thoughts are with you all xx

I'm so sorry for your loss....I wish there was more that I could say.....my aunts life support was turned off this week she had pneumonia and sepsis and her vital organs all shut down ....I too am broken....my heart goes out to you X
I lost my 17 year old sister to pneumonia 25 years ago. My heart reaches out to you xx

I'm so sorry for you, and your family.
I lost my dad 18 months ago to Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, I had never even heard of it before then.
It's incredible how something you didn't even give a second thought to can change your life completely.
Full respect for raising awareness to help others during this awful time for you xxx

So sorry for your loss hugs to all of you that's lost close ones!

Google is also one of the worst things you can do as well! I've recently been in hospital and with what I got diagnosed with I googled it so did my mum and dad and they wouldn't tell me what they found as they was that scared! I thought the worse I read absolutely everything on what I had and I was comparing it to everything I had which was near enough every symptom of said thing and I had a breakdown whilst being in hospital and I thought the worst case scenario

Yes I'm all for researching and wanting to know symptoms and what to look out for but just be careful xx

Rather than frighten yourselves the best site to look on the Sepsis Trust as it's official and not scaremongering

Thanks girls,tresses I am so sorry to hear of your recent bereavement too,sending you comfort....

Blossom how long ago did you lose your mom?

When did the pain go? I am in so much pain I cry myself to sleep and can barely function!

I lost my nan two days ago to sepsis, something I knew very little about until now.

my heart goes out to you all for your losses :( x

I lost my nan two days ago to sepsis, something I knew very little about until now.

my heart goes out to you all for your losses :( x
Sorry to hear that marcella..... Was it a quick decline?

Sorry to hear that marcella..... Was it a quick decline?

yeah she was admitted on Monday morning and lost her battle early Tuesday evening, she was an incredibly strong woman who has been through so many health obstacles. really does show how dangerous sepsis is :/

I hope your pain eases and you find comfort in that you would of bought your mum such happiness before she passed x

When did the pain go? I am in so much pain I cry myself to sleep and can barely function!

I felt like this too, there were days I thought I would never get out of bed again, but slowly things start to change.. Can't really explain how but when I think of what I have done in the last 18 months it goes to show that you can recover.
Since my dad died I have passed my driving test, completed my first year of open uni, gotten qualified in nails and started my own business, ended a toxic relationship and learnt to do all the little things my dad did for me, for myself.
What was 'normal' has changed, but slowly my family and I have created a new normal for ourselves.

Sending comfort to everyone that has suffered a loss x

We do a lot in my area to raise awareness for sepsis, a mum of our mummy's yard group got unwell on a Sunday night, went into hospital on the Monday morning was put in an induced coma & died on the Friday from sepsis, the whole community was in shock she was so lovley & had 3 beautiful little girls, we do fundraisers and awareness events regularly since this, it's such a horrible thing!

I can't say I've ever thought to have a kind word for you tbh Sally but I do feel for you right now, the pain dosent go quickly especially with the circumstances being possibly avoidable if there was better screening available, I hope you and your family will take time to spend together to grieve and help each other through this, time is a great healer, give yourself lots of it

Latest posts

Back