Please rank what is your best nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chortip

Reaction score
Im such a new in the business. My shop will be opened in 2 months. Now i need to find the best product to my shop, please kindly rank brank of nail polish as you think it's the best.
For me,
-Spa Ritual, Orly, OPI, China Glaze, Essie, Anna Sui, Channel.
Thank you for ur comment!

I use opi on my clients. I love the holiday 2006 colours, they're really glittery! And they feature the ProWide brush, exclusive to opi.

Linz

I know they are not included in your initial post,but i think creative enamels are a drem to apply,and come in fab colours too,hth x

I use lots of different brands.
I assume you mean on clients not retail?

hi

I mainly have creative enamels but i have been a bit disappointed lately in the French finish i am getting, the white seems to go thick within weeks of opening it! After getting fed up with this i am looking for a new range, orly and Essie have been recommended to me so i will give those a go in the new year.

Well ive only tried two of them, Orly & OPI

I like Orly now they've been updated, nice packaging & nice to apply. Not used for a while though so can't remember how long polish lasted for on average.

Ive only used OPI a couple of times and both times the found the polish used to peel off.

I use creative now because i have found the enamel to last much longer.

I love the Spa Ritual range, which are lovely to apply and they do have some really nice colours, and last very well indeed. However, nowhere near as many colours as creative have. I only have one Creative polish but it is very nice to apply and lasts well

in the ellisons catalogue it says that creative nail polishes never go thick... is it true?

xxxx

oops forgot to say- i use attitude by star nails because i have only just started my business and needed an affordable range - hoping to move onto opi soon xxxxxxx

in the ellisons catalogue it says that creative nail polishes never go thick... is it true?
they're thixotropic (spelling?), if you turn the bottle upside down and roll between your palms it thins the enamel.

My top enamels are Creative, Zoya, Mavala and OPI, all of them are lovely to apply and last very well.
Make sure you choose a good basecoat and topcoat too, I use Creative for both and have a number of their topcoats, they're excellent and I rate them very highly.

thanks sandi - that explains it well, i am hoping to "progress" to a polish like creative next year - infact i was suprised how reasonable they were in the ellisons catalogue xxxxxx will try their stickey and shiney too xxx

I use creative and china glaze, I love the white china glaze for french polish, have tried a few and China Glaze I have found to be the best for this.

hi i opened my salon 8 weeks ago and went with opi as they dont want a minimum first order and i know from experience their polishes dry really quickly, which is great when youre in the salon with a client....plus you can always grab a bargain on ebay as its so popular:hug:

they're thixotropic (spelling?), if you turn the bottle upside down and roll between your palms it thins the enamel.

My top enamels are Creative, Zoya, Mavala and OPI, all of them are lovely to apply and last very well.
Make sure you choose a good basecoat and topcoat too, I use Creative for both and have a number of their topcoats, they're excellent and I rate them very highly.

Well mine go thick :( not all of them!! but occasionally they do!:cry:

only white enamels or coloured ones too?

white and colours for me! especially the white. The colours NEVER EVER used to but recently they do! I store them exactly the same as i have always done so i know its nothing i am doing.

the only coloured one its happened to off the top of my head is masquerade. i dont get it so much with cream puff but pointe blanc goes thick quite easily!! :(

the only coloured one its happened to off the top of my head is masquerade. i dont get it so much with cream puff but pointe blanc goes thick quite easily!! :(

we still have a few Pointe Blancs but that is now a discontibued colour. I haven't actually heard of the others going 'thick' but I know that some are heavily pigmented.. it totally depends on where it is a cream etc and pale colours like spring do have a different consistency.

I have tried many different kinds and always go back to OPI.
Their variety is amazing. A colour for everything. They are long lasting, colour stays true, their bottles and handals are egonomic.

Many varnishes become thick due to the bottle neck not being cleaned of dried polish. If the top is not secure then the vapors escape which in turn causes the polish to become gloopy. A nail wipe with remover on it will remove any polish left. (this should be done each time)

With any polish, white colours especially If kept in a cool place helps the life of it.

I don't like using thinners, never have.

Latest posts

Back