Please rank what is your best nail polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use OPI and China Glaze and the polishes from Virgin Vie are good too,as said previously I like how quickly OPI dries
hth:)

My most popular colour is one i mix myself, I use French white, then dilute with a UV topcoat. It's translucent white and we call it "Pam" as in Pamela Anderson.

For french i use Essie, never tried other cuz works for me, for color varnishes i almost never see the trade, i choose them for the color.

I use Orly in my salon and have done for 7 years. Our clients love the colours and we retail a lot of them as well - they come with really good gripper caps so that you can open the bottles easily.

My favourite by miles is China Glaze. I've tried OPI, Essie, Orly, Leighton Denny, Creative, Attitude... and I still rank China Glaze as my favourite. Application, staying power and colour range is brilliant. After that my next favourite is Orly. Personally I'm not a big Essie fan and I hated used Leighton Denny. I'd love to try Spa Ritual, who are also made by Orly, but they're a bit pricey for me. Especially considering I have way too many polishes already!

we still have a few Pointe Blancs but that is now a discontibued colour. I haven't actually heard of the others going 'thick' but I know that some are heavily pigmented.. it totally depends on where it is a cream etc and pale colours like spring do have a different consistency.

Discontinued...?!?!?!?! :cry:

OMG!!! thats my most used colour!!! Whats replacing it??

What will I do?!?!

Luckily i have a small stash at the salon! haha!

Discontinued...?!?!?!?! :cry:

OMG!!! thats my most used colour!!! Whats replacing it??

What will I do?!?!

Luckily i have a small stash at the salon! haha!

Sorry BB - CND decide what will be cut and I guess they do it on an overall selling average. I would call all OSNS and oder it all if you can x:hug:

I have used Creative enamels for 15 years and never wanted to change.
Creative do not ask for a minimum order either.
Brush is fantastic
Coverage is great
Dry really quickly
New fashion colours every season

I would never choose a department store brand for my salon .. but then I like to sell professional products my clients cannot buy elsewhere.

Girls - for anyone who has had a problem BB / Little Angel - please PM me the batch numbers OR send me them. I have R&D on it right now!:!:

I love OPI but have recently been trying China Glaze and they are also good. I could be very wrong but I thought I heard a whisper that the same manufacturer made both!

I use both Creative and OPI and would hate to have to choose one over the other as they are both so good. IMO the OPI bottles are slightly easier to hold in the hand whilst applying, but they both have good brushes, fantastic colours, cover well and go on easily. I use Creative base & top coats and treatments and actually, I do have a bigger collection of Creative colours. I would never use something that is not a "professional" product in the salon - unless the client brought with - as I find that you are paying for the brand name rather than quality and it's nice to offer something that is not so readily available, giving a more professional feel to your service.

I'm a bit confused now so I hope the last bit made sense :eek:

IMO the OPI bottles are slightly easier to hold in the hand whilst applying, but they both have good brushes, fantastic colours, cover well and go on easily.
I love the brushes in the OPI diamond collection, they seem to hold a lot more enamel that normal brushes.

Message from Doug Schoon in regards to Creative Enamels.

"Going thick" tells me they are not resealing the cap tightly. The product is incapable of thickening inside the bottle, unless solvent is escaping.
The only way solvent can escape is if there is a leak. The only way there could be a leak is if the cap is not sealed tightly."

Doug

I know with some of the more pigmented colours, that they 'build up' around the neck of the bottle... this is where the leakage maybe???
Hope I have helped some!

Sorry BB - CND decide what will be cut and I guess they do it on an overall selling average. I would call all OSNS and oder it all if you can x:hug:

So, will anything be replacing the colour ??!!

Marlise

So, will anything be replacing the colour ??!!

Marlise

I don't know... Pointe Blanc has been around a long time but is not nearly as popular as Cream Puff!

I use china Glaze they are hard wearing and all contain nail hardeners and quite reasonably priced. Some fantastic colours in them too.

Hi,

I use Toma quite a lot . Any views on this make?

I find that they dry slowly but last very very well.

Btaz :)

Creative is my No. 1 favourite, they go on a dream and secondly its OPI.

I just found out that Creative polish smells so nice...
Many of "will-be-my" customer like Anna Sui just because of its smell :green:
I hope they will like Creative too.
IMO, i will use O.P.I + Creative + China Glaze as main product in the shop.
For treatment (like scrub, lotion,etc.) im thinking whether i should use local (Thai) product which has no brand but good quality or Creative product?
What do u think?

Latest posts

Back