Please, read the thread BEFORE you post!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatherDavis

Reaction score
Once upon a time I was a huge GEEK, and spent many waking hours on this website learning, sharing, and making new friends in web super space.

I have become very busy in the last few years, making it hard for me to geek consistently, but I do lurk here and there and try to post when I can.

I'm so impressed at how many members there on now!!! I think it's quadrupled 3 times since I was regularly contributing, and MAN! Thats a large lot!

So as a result of this, I see repeat posts under threads with 50 pages. And I don't mean 2, I mean repeated 10-20 times in a single thread.

For those of us not on as much as we'd like to be, this can make for a HUGE headache trying to catch up.

Please, I'm begging you, READ THROUGH THE THREAD BEFORE YOU POST. READ TROUGH THE THREAD BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION. READ THROUGH THE THREAD BEFORE YOU ANSWER A QUESTION.

I PROMISE you, 9 times out of 10, you will find what you are looking for, without ever have to hit "send."

Lovely to see how the site has grown, hopefully I can find time to make more regular visits the norm :Love:

Like you, many of us are very busy but we come on here to help others. However, because we often have snatched moments, maybe between clients, we don't have the time to read every reply.

The search would be great but doesn't always work that well. Besides, we all have different opinions and ways of doing things, so we shouldn't just reply on what's been said in the past.

Like you, many of us are very busy but we come on here to help others. However, because we often have snatched moments, maybe between clients, we don't have the time to read every reply.

The search would be great but doesn't always work that well. Besides, we all have different opinions and ways of doing things, so we shouldn't just reply on what's been said in the past.

This, I do of course understand. There are always exceptions to the rule. But personally, in an instance like that, I simply don't post. When I DO have time, I try to read through and only post where needed. I say this all too, not just for my own headache lol, but sometimes threads with importantly questions lend up ignored completely in favor of a a hot topic, with a thread that's been answered 1000 times. And that's the type of thread I'm really referring to. 50 pages of the same 3 things, over and over, can make anyone feel like its Groundhog Day :wink2:

I think SG should have a FAQ page answering the millions dollar questions like 'how do I stop wax spilling in my car as I'm mobile?' and 'how can I get rid of ingrowing hairs' and the most popular 'can anyone recommend someone to do my logo!!!' Heheh I'm joking, but it might be an idea. ;)

Latest posts

Back