Please read the whole thread first

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just can't face War and
Peace type posts

I am the same if I see a monster post I will skim through it to get the gist, then reply, but if there is a whole thread with monster posts in it I dont reply, my head would hurt with all the reading! lol!!

xxxx:hug:

This is something which really irks me too.

Especially when the post has been answered then someone else says the exact same thing but they are the one who gets the "credit" for giving the answer - helloooo I said that two days ago LOL. I know exactly what you mean..this happened to me a couple of weeks ago...sometimes you feel completely invisible..but i just think WHATEVER!!:lol::rolleyes:

As to skim reading 4 pages, TBH I would actually assume that after 4 pages of information, there was probably nothing else of import that I could add - on this occasion I would probably skim read the names of the posters rather than the thread before even thinking about rereading and then posting LOL.

Also as well as reading posts, use the search facility as there is so much great information here.
:hug:

i MOST DEFINATELY HAVE REPEATED ADVICE GIVEN TO ME BY OTHER GEEKS.. BUT TRY NOT TO TAKE THE CREDIT AND ALWAYS SAY ..i LEARNED THIS ON HERE..
woops caps on!!

anyway.. i have a tendency to skim.. its my nature to go top to bottom.. but side to side is a bit of a trouble area for me regarding posts.. i should wear glasses but i dont.. lazy..

IF I HAVE EVER TAKEN CREDIT OR REPEATED A POST IN THE SAME THREAD IM SO SORRY..
woops caps on again.. what is going on!!:eek:

if a thread is 6 pages long i to tend to skip.. but they are usually chit-chat.. so i spose thats ok.

LOL Chels, all of your replies are completley lovely..dont be worried!:lol:

I really don't need to add a reply (as, after reading the entire thread) everything I wanted to say, has been said already :)

For me it's no so much answers being repeated, it's more when the first post has been dealt with, or has become more specific, & people still answer based on that first post, so the answer isn't really relevent.

Latest posts

Back