please recommend a blonding shampoo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditzy

Reaction score
Hi my lovelies

I'm on a 2 year hairdressing course, and we haven't covered this yet, so...

My lovely friend James (a fantastic hairdresser & make up artist) has done me a brilliant bit of a Rockabilly blonde flash in my fringe & another section in my hair at the front, and I LOVE IT:green:

Anyway, my blonde is very light, James advised I get a purple shampoo and conditioner to stop it going brassy.

Local to me, there's a Capital, a Sally's and a Coldhams, so can someone reccommend a good blonding shampoo and conditioner that stops that brassiness please? James is so busy, and I feel like lately I only contact him to ask about my hair, and feel it's a bit of a cheek to keep on!

I think Goldwell do a range for all colours called colour glo,it is for platinum blondes, gold blonds reds, coppers and browns.
the one for platinum blond is called live blonde its a purple colour shampoo, you should get it at capital
hth
carrie x

at college we use clynol and they do a shampoo called silver shampoo which is violet in colour and is great for toning brassy blondes and gorgous on grey...also vo5 do a leave in conditioner which is purple specifically for blondes which i use at home.

There is only one blonding shampoo i have ever found to do what it should

i spoke to a rep for both koleston and igora royal and told them there is nothing on the pro market that compares

this is a pro forum so make of that what you will :D

Edited to add >>> i may be mistaken but i was refering to a product to be used as aftercare by the client,have i misunderstood ?

Hi you could try 0/6 silver in wella colour fresh its just like a blonding shampoo ,
it is for use on that creamy blonde colour , and takes away the yellow brassy tones It is so mild and smells lovely ,
it is meant for pastel toning ,

you can use it as as a shampoo when reqiured , it is very mild , lathers up just like shampoo too , apply on wet hair to the roots first for ten mins and then the ends for five or ten mins,

this is excellent for keeping the brassy tones at bay , also it contains no peroxide or amonia , nothing at all exept conditioning properties ,

full instructions are on the pack the shine is reflective and luminous , :hug:

Hi , Ditzty another good purple blonding shampoo range including mousse is the Proclere range ,
it is available from most professional hairdressing outlets :hug: x

I use Rusk, espically for brightening up blonde hair...got it from Sallys, in a purple bottle....

Hi my lovelies

I'm on a 2 year hairdressing course, and we haven't covered this yet, so...

My lovely friend James (a fantastic hairdresser & make up artist) has done me a brilliant bit of a Rockabilly blonde flash in my fringe & another section in my hair at the front, and I LOVE IT:green:

Anyway, my blonde is very light, James advised I get a purple shampoo and conditioner to stop it going brassy.

Local to me, there's a Capital, a Sally's and a Coldhams, so can someone reccommend a good blonding shampoo and conditioner that stops that brassiness please? James is so busy, and I feel like lately I only contact him to ask about my hair, and feel it's a bit of a cheek to keep on!

hi lifetex puple shampoo by wella is wicked,and keeps it a lovely bright blonde

Latest posts

Back