Please tell me how to do this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Hi geeks, not sure where I got these pics from, II reckon I've pinched them from you lovely geeks somewhere along the line! I hope you don't mind but will someone please tell me how to do these??

Pic 1:
I want to be able to do the coloured flicks on the left pop and the black flicks on the middle pop

Pic 2:
Just HOW? Where would I start?

Pic 3:
The swirly one on the right.

Thanks in anticipation! Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349585902.982562.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349585902.982562.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 713
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349585979.506348.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349585979.506348.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 696
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349586059.363669.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349586059.363669.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 684
You sign up to do the super new 'Nail Styles' class with Shellac and using the new Additives collection of pure pigments? :green:

One is done using ombré technique .. One using a wipe out technique and one a marbling technique. You can learn them all from CND Education Ambassadors. Just give Sweet Squared a call and find out your nearest location and dates. X

Thanks Geeg, will definitely look into that if I can learn this!

The first pic, far left then, I guess that's like when Holly 'paints' with additives mixed with dsperse? I'm going to have a play I think. As for the marbling I'm baffled?

Xx

The marbling I do like this, I use gellux

1. Base coat then cure

2. Colour and cure

3. Thin layer of colour then drip tiny bit of contrasting colour, then with a cocktail stick or smallest dotting tool I go into the spot of colour gently moving how I want. Cure

4. Topcoat cure

If you want more than 1 colour I just add it at stage 3 aswell.

Hope that makes sense :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349593975.241795.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1349593975.241795.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 451
Makes perfect sense thank you :)
I think I've tried this but I dripped it onto cured colour & it just ended up a mess! I shall give it a go! Thanks X

Yea if its cured it won't work, you need the 2 or 3 colours to move together, just do it slow and you'll be fine :)

Any probs just message me x

Thanks hon! Xx

Wow! No idea how the flicks are done on the left hand pop, would love to know too??
But if I were to have a go at the middle one i would prob:
Base coat cure.
Two coats blackpool cure.
Gently dab additives or mica in bands of colour and maybe blend a little with a fan brush.
Topcoat cure.
Black flicks using a long striping brush in blackpool cure.
Top coat cure.

But thats just my guess! Xxx

Sent from my X10i using SalonGeek

Fabulous thank you, I shall be having a play. I. The first one is done by doing an ombré as Geeg said, then making a paint with additives (looks like a mix?) and dsperse then painting it over the ombré. Holly showed us how to do this with one of the additives so that's my guess. Need to have a play!

Xx

Woohoo even more glad I'm booked on the shellac art and styles class with Kate at the end of the month if we will be creating gorgeous art like that.

Can't wait to see pics of your attempts Jess.

xxx

Fabulous thank you, I shall be having a play. I. The first one is done by doing an ombré as Geeg said, then making a paint with additives (looks like a mix?) and dsperse then painting it over the ombré. Holly showed us how to do this with one of the additives so that's my guess. Need to have a play!

Xx

Hey did holly do a video onthis or was it when she done her UK tour? I would like to see how this is done.

how to get the flicks etc is depending on your brushes, you get different effects from different size brushes but also feel free to use things like cocktail sticks etc. when you blend the additives with dsperse to make a paint just mix a small amount at a time as it dries quite quickly. when ido mine i just keepadding dsperse every so often. once you have the right consistency you can do anything with it, ive done writing and all sorts with mine.....just grab everything and sit playing!!

Is there anywhere to find out about the Nail Styles online? I've looked on S2 but can't find out prices, dates etc?

I would call but my phone doesn't connect to 0845 numbers, thank you.

Hmm maybe email in that instance & ask them to call you? Xx

Is there anywhere to find out about the Nail Styles online? I've looked on S2 but can't find out prices, dates etc?

I would call but my phone doesn't connect to 0845 numbers, thank you.

Call Debbie direct at S2 on 01132173801

Is there any alternative way to get hold of Debbie, please? I've tried this number a couple of times and left a message but not heard anything back. Thanks :)

Hi Pixiebeauty, I painted the one on the right, the swirly one. Maz101 has described the process however I use a long pin to do the marbelling with like the pins you use to pin on a button hole. Hope that helps :)

Hi Pixiebeauty, I painted the one on the right, the swirly one. Maz101 has described the process however I use a long pin to do the marbelling with like the pins you use to pin on a button hole. Hope that helps :)

Yes that's great! I'm having a play tonight altho I have a million things to try I'll do this too. Thanks for the post & beautiful work! Xx

Latest posts

Back