Please tell me if this pedicure course would be good enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucybluebell

Reaction score
I've just finished my nvq2 we covered manicure, nail art and gel enhancements. Now I'm qualified I'm really gutted that the course didn't cover pedicure as I feel I'm going to miss out on some custom!
I've seen a pedicure course by Next Steps, it's not too far for me to travel and it lasts 3 hrs, it's only open to people who are trained in manicures AND it's only £95 which isn't too bad.
Please could someone tell me if this is a qualification worth having and if not could anyone give me an idea of a better alternative?!
Many thanks

I would shop around and research other courses.
Personally 3 hours seems a bit rushed! I wouldn't want just 3 hours training on anything. Theory demo and practical is a lot to fit in.
See what else is out there before you decide. Cheaper shorter courses are not always better, I know from experience!

Forgot to say! Why not do a search on here and see if there are any recommendations. I did mine as part of my original course. Have you looked at your local college?

In my opinion, I wouldn't want to learn a new treatment in 3 hours. I think that 3 hours would barely be enough time to cover the basics so it would probably be very hard to be confident with something that you'd learnt in 3 hours.

With the new college term just around the corner, I would be tempted to say do a pedicure course that lasts a few weeks so you can really get to grips with it and then perhaps after that do training with a specific product brand. In relation to this, its worth noting that a recognised qualification (vrq/city an guilds etc etc etc) in pedicure could open more doors for you in terms of employment and/or product training opportunities (for example, to train in jessica you need a minimum of nvq2)

Latest posts

Back