Plucking vs waxing..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinkletoes01

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
Im the girl who was complaining of facial hair stubble in previous threads.
Due to wanting to try for our second child, i ruled out laser hair removal, after talking to harley medical they told me it would take 8 months and cost £1k.
Anyway, talking with kim lawless on here, ive been waxing once a week (as opposed to every 3 days) and (with great difficulty) no plucking inbetween waxes.
This has helped a lot (thanks kim) and using biodepyl too, noticing the hair slowly beginning to thin...im going to try and increase time between waxing slowly.
i wondered though, if anyone can explain to me WHY plucking inbetween waxing is so bad,just curious to understand the science behind it, hoping itl help explain how i got stubble so badly in the first place.

i wondered also rougly how many 1 week waxing sessions it wil take to remove all stubble alttogether...as all reading on the net indicated that waxing eventually thins the hair ...
thanks again..

lol, ok then, never mind..i assume no one knows..:-(

Nobody really knows the answer and I've tried to find it out for years. The general thinking is that plucking distorts the follicle. You know how with tweezers, you half pull it out, then grab again and so on? This distorts it. Where as with waxing, it's ripped clean out with no hesitation. HTH's xxx

that does help kim thanks,
also - you know what we said with leaving it a week between waxes, and the hair'l grow softer, approx how many waxing sessions will it take for this to happen? x

that does help kim thanks,
also - you know what we said with leaving it a week between waxes, and the hair'l grow softer, approx how many waxing sessions will it take for this to happen? x
Remember what I said....... The aim is to leave longer it longer between waxes so that in the end, you're only waxing every 4 weeks and no sooner. It will get softer and don't be tempted to tweeze in between. xxx

Last edited:
The way I always understood it was, with regular waxing, you should eventually get all the hair at the same stage of growth, so when you wax you get a good clean result. If you pluck in between waxing, you're always going to get some hair at a different stage of growth, so it'll come through to the surface of the skin at different times, so you never get more than a few days free of hair. Does that make sense?

The way I always understood it was, with regular waxing, you should eventually get all the hair at the same stage of growth, so when you wax you get a good clean result. If you pluck in between waxing, you're always going to get some hair at a different stage of growth, so it'll come through to the surface of the skin at different times, so you never get more than a few days free of hair. Does that make sense?

This is precisely how I explain it to my clients. Minimum of 4 weeks between waxing for the best result.

When you get waxed and they pluck a few 'stragglers' will this mean it will take longer for all hairs to grow back at same time? Have i made sense!!

When you get waxed and they pluck a few 'stragglers' will this mean it will take longer for all hairs to grow back at same time? Have i made sense!!

Hairs grow at different rates anyway.....despite what the books say. I say it's ok to tweeze during the waxing appointment, but not between. xx

Latest posts

Back