Plum 55/66 to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahb75

Reaction score
Advice please.

So I have a lady who a level 7 roots and had been 55/66 for some time now want to go to a level 7 all over. See photo. Previous to 55/66 she had 55/65

I'm thinking of bleach bath and doing babylights through but not sure on what shade to use so the roots and MLE are even.

I'm use Wella & olaplex and over 20yrs experience so kind useful comments please.

Many thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210422-065925_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210422-065925_WhatsApp.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 10
Going the bleach & highlights route is one way but bearing in mind the red undertones, it’s going to take much longer (2-3 appointments) and is more damaging compared to using a colour reducer. Personally, I’d get her back to a 7 in one appointment but you will need to charge more at the outset, but compared to 3 appointments and the weeks in-between with potentially straw-like hair, it’s a no brainer really.

I’d use a colour reducer and apply it at least 2-3 times to remove the colour molecules adequately but then you’re left with a base you can tone to your desired colour and no extra damage.

I’d probably start with a stretch test to check the general condition before offering any options.

Many thanks for your advice.

I'm am using olaplex and her hair is strong and in good condition.

what colour reducer would you recommended. To be able to do this in one sitting or too get her somewhere nearer a 7 level My problem is the underlings red then orange undertone..

If she’s a 7, her underlying colour is yellow/orange. Using a colour reducer to remove the artificial colour will eventually leave you with an untoned 7/8 as the developer in the oxidising colours used previously will have lifted her natural above a 7 anyway.

There are lots available so see what’s stocked by your local warehouse? I’ve used Affinage Eraser for years but there are others available now. Just make sure it’s a colour reducer and not remover as removers are often bleach based.

If you’re new to using a reducer, maybe read my previous thread that goes into more detail?

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/colour-reducers-versus-colour-strippers.315126/

Latest posts

Back