Plum purple hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sprucehair

Reaction score
The autumn/ winter is approaching what do people recommend for a rich plum shade? I’ve always used Tigi but unhappy with how the tone comes out. I’m not after any pre lightened techniques.

Wella Colour touch 55/65+55/66 :)

The autumn/ winter is approaching what do people recommend for a rich plum shade? I’ve always used Tigi but unhappy with how the tone comes out. I’m not after any pre lightened techniques.

Well, it will depend on the base you’re applying it to, that’s why you might need to pre-lighten.

Hi. This is Wella KP 55/66. I have done a balayage first than 4/0 on the roots (matched her natural colour, she had lots of greys) than applied the 55/66 on the rest of the hair. Hope this helps ❤️
7C65BD98-BB79-477B-905B-C938D34773DF.jpeg

Thanks @ronray I don’t have the client yet but I have a few which sit on the 5/4 level and I know come winter they will be asking for a rich plum look

Hi. This is Wella KP 55/66. I have done a balayage first than 4/0 on the roots (matched her natural colour, she had lots of greys) than applied the 55/66 on the rest of the hair. Hope this helps ❤View attachment 211024
That’s absolutely beautiful!!havnt used much of Wella before - so I will give their colours ago!

Hi. This is Wella KP 55/66. I have done a balayage first than 4/0 on the roots (matched her natural colour, she had lots of greys) than applied the 55/66 on the rest of the hair. Hope this helps ❤

what level did you bleach it up to?

Hi. This is Wella KP 55/66. I have done a balayage first than 4/0 on the roots (matched her natural colour, she had lots of greys) than applied the 55/66 on the rest of the hair. Hope this helps ❤View attachment 211024
What's it like after a few washes

Now this looked incredible . DCM level 1 blue black root stretch and crazy colour cyclemen over balyage to level 8. However three washes later just faded loads ☹️

Attachments

• IMG_20200808_150434257.jpg
    IMG_20200808_150434257.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 31
What's it like after a few washes
It looked amazing for almost 2 months, than she used a home keratin treatment which turned it all orange. Very strange! Not sure exactly what product she used but she did send me a picture.

LOVE that color!!! Looks like I can't get this shade in the US, but we have 44/65 think I will try it. I love color touch, definitely the best demi color and toner I've ever used. Thanks for the pic!

LOVE that color!!! Looks like I can't get this shade in the US, but we have 44/65 think I will try it. I love color touch, definitely the best demi color and toner I've ever used. Thanks for the pic!

You could try adding a bit of 0/66 special mix into your KP tint to make it a bit more purple plum than red.

Lol just realized we're talking about Koleston Perfect, I was thinking you were talking color touch! Will have to try that shade in kp it is gorgeous!!

Latest posts

Back