Plum/Purple tint in the light on partly bleached hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Titch101

Reaction score
Hi guys,
i went to the hairdressers about this an it just got too confusing.
Basically, all i wanted was my hair to be a dark brown colour like almost black but not black. an then have a purple tint on it when its in the light.

But, i had highlights last year, where i had parts bleached and dark blonde colour put on that. an as this was a bit much i went over some parts a dark brown. so there isnt as much blonde.

but the hairdresser was saying to me that the purple will take more to the blonde/bleached parts so they'll come out really purple.
but i jus wanted it all a really dark brown with a purple tint :( i duno what to do:(

thankyouuu :) x

best thing would be to have the hairderessers do some test strands then they and you can see what would work best

Hi guys,
i went to the hairdressers about this an it just got too confusing.
Basically, all i wanted was my hair to be a dark brown colour like almost black but not black. an then have a purple tint on it when its in the light.

But, i had highlights last year, where i had parts bleached and dark blonde colour put on that. an as this was a bit much i went over some parts a dark brown. so there isnt as much blonde.

but the hairdresser was saying to me that the purple will take more to the blonde/bleached parts so they'll come out really purple.
but i jus wanted it all a really dark brown with a purple tint :( i duno what to do:(

thankyouuu :) x

Hi ,you could ask your hairdresser to do the dark base colour that you like,
then you could ask if its possible
for her to put the cap on your hair and pull through some fine pieces of hair all over the top layer
and then lift those fine pieces of hair up to the desired level you require
(just enough for a semi purple to take niceley over the top pieces)

then when the cap comes off and hair is washed
the (pure pigment semi with no peroxide)
is applied all over damp hair
this way you will get your base colour
and a veil of deep shimmering purple which will glow and glimmer especially over the lightened highlights

You can also ask your hairdresser about lift and deposit tints
like Majicontrast which are Chromatics designed to lift and colour
all in one step without the need for pre-lightening ,
( it can also be used over previously tinted darker hair)
and it doesnt take long,
plus you only ever need a low level of peroxide with it ,
so its better for the condition of the hair,
This can aslo be used with the cap for fine purple pieces
or used with a spatula for the shimmering veil look too
:hug:

Revlonissimo do one in purple aubergine or purple red,

This will all depend on your hairdressers consultation
as only she knows whats on your hair ,
(always ask for test peices first)

once its all done
you will also need a pure pigment colour for in between salon visits to freshen up your purple shimmer as purple is a very fast fading colour
ask your hairdresser about fudge pure pigment, crazy colours in purple ,
also stargazer do purples ect

Ps There are a few other ways of achieving what you want
so do ask your hairdesser what she can advise for you ,
hope this all made sense :hug:

Hello,

I changed the shade of the colour on my mums hair a few months back, slightly darker then we were doin it and with a different tone, She is basically all over white but has more then the right skin tone and youthful looks to stay dark.

I wanted the same glow that you are talking about, and without confusing you with technically babble, I used 2/3 Rusk 2.2V (darkest violet) with 1/3 2.000nc (darkest brown base shade)

She needs the darkness to counteract the resistance of the white, and so that the violet doesnt glow purple at the roots.

It looks exactly how u describe with the dark brown but violet tint. when i fancy breaking it up i put through a majicontrast colour normally in the magenta as it tones in really well with the violet.

If your hairdresser can get to a rusk shade chart she will be able to translate the tones iv used into the ones she does, and adjust it to suit your hair tones aswell.

very dark colours are hard to pull off, so u both need to ensure u can take it.....let us know what happens, hope this helps :)

Latest posts

Back