Plus size tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsprids

Reaction score
Hi girls, how do you spray tan a ply size lady? I had one in yesterday and did it the same as I usually would but I noticed when she was getting changed some small white lines from where she had some creases ( I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable so I left it, I don't think she notices as was in her back) but just for the future? Any tips x

Hi girls, how do you spray tan a ply size lady? I had one in yesterday and did it the same as I usually would but I noticed when she was getting changed some small white lines from where she had some creases ( I didn't want to make her feel uncomfortable so I left it, I don't think she notices as was in her back) but just for the future? Any tips x

This is a difficult one as no matter what you do when you are finished the skin will always fold and cause some sort of problem

You can ask your client to stretch in the opposite direction to where the creases are so as to tighten the skin and then apply the solution...of course the only problem is that when they relax back to the normal state the solution could pool within the crease

Sometimes its best to just leave and spray as normal...very much depends on the severity of the folds

Its worth remembering that in cases such as this when these people tan in the sun they will also have white lines

A possible solution to the problem is to retail them a moisturizer with a DHA additive which they can regularly rub into there white bits therefore helping to blend in the contrast
HTH

Thanks hun that's true that's how she would tan in the sun. It was only a couple of back creases so nothing major just thought I'd check out why everyone else does without being too obvious x

I had this recently and i explained beforehand that this might happen but it is in an area she would not be showing so she didnt mind. I don't think there is much you can do about this :)

I get this on my back too (I'm only a size 14 but still have folds at the side lol) and I stretch forwards when getting my back sprayed.

On my training when I was receiving a tan, I knowingly leaned forward to avoid making the girl spraying me feel awkward by asking me! Haha embarrassing!!

I still think asking her to lean would be less uncomfortable than when we ask ladies with saggy boobs to lift them to be sprayed underneath!

X

I have a few Pluss size clients, and I'm a size 14 myself. I have taught my other half to tan me this way also :p Bless him, got him well trained!
When I'm spraying his/her back, I tell them to stretch there arms right in the air (I don't make it obvious, and they just think this is my normal procedure) and I spray lightly between the folds..I then quickly just go over there bum before telling them to put there arms back down. In this time I find the solution is already dry enough and wont rub off or go white, as the skin on skin isn't actually 'rubbing' its just a fold.
Hope this helps :D
xx

Latest posts

Back