Pmt!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemheart

Reaction score
help i got really bad pmt today and im on a diet so i cant even tuck into some chocolate, very depressing:cry: .

anyone got any ideas what i can have as alternative

Hi,

I'm on a diet to so I know how you feel, but dont reach for food it wont help just make you feel worse.

If you do need a treat try a vanilla weight watchers yoghurt with some tinned peaches (in juice) Or fresh, tinned is easier for me.

I know how you feel i always want chocolate too i know you are on a diet but one wont make a difference get one what the hell lifes too short :hug:

I cant help you at all as Im in the in the grip of PMT myself right now,but I just want you to know how badly my chocolate starved brain is sympathising with you.
Im going to have to pop & get some choc soon as no other sweet substitute seems to satisfy right now, (diet or not) & to make matters worse the men in my house are suffering my frustration!
OOh the pain of being at the mercy of our hormones eh!

thanks for the support, blokes dont ever get it. might try a yogurt but will probably lapse by lunch

Weird, I'm rockin full on PMT at the moment too!
I find I often crave meat; parma ham prawns peparami etc.
But it makes matters MUCH worse.
I'm better when I force myself to snack on raisins, sunflower & pumpkin seeds.:rolleyes: Not the same as choccy though!

Why not have a tiny piece of chocolate, suck it slowly. Why deprave what your body needs!!

Have you tried the new diet tea that Victoria Beckham is drinking.. its called Pu-erh black. You have to drink 6 cups a day, no milk or sugar, but it not a bad taste, so thats ok. i tried it for 2 weeks and lost a couple of pounds, felt great on it, maybe because it has made me give up ordinary tea with milk and two sugars. Just have to try to give up the pure butter next.

How about some dark chocolate?

It's suposed to be good for the heart and releases feel good hormones (seratonin)??

The higher the cocoa content the better and as it's quite bitter, you don't need much to get a chocolate fix.

Have a couple of squares and savour each one - not crunching - suck slowly.

Grean and blacks do some fantastic varieties - i love the ginger one:lol:

I sympathise with you completely! I get PMT REALLY bad!!! After reading the last thread on PMT, I went to my doctors and was ready to start taking Prozac! But she talked some sense into me and suggested I up my Calcium intake, and get some Agnus Castus. No idea if it will work, but willing to give it a try. Once I've worked out why I'm feeling like I am (I forget EVERY month, until a light bulb goes on and I realise - DOH! I've got PMT), then I just try and let myself be with it (if that makes sense) and try not to beat myself up about it, trying to figure out why my world is about to end all of a sudden when everything was fine yesterday! And I apologise in advance for my behaviour to everyone around me that I've got PMT and just ignore me. There's a little bit of comfort in knowing that it will pass and tomorrow I should feel better .... or the day after that!

As for chocolate, Green and Black's organic chocolate is better than crap chocolate. Or get down the gym and have a good workout with some kick-ass music. That always makes me feel a bit better.

And now I'm going to have to go out and get some chocolate. And I haven't even got PMT at the moment. Yum! :lol:

Oh chocolate chocolate i just gotta have it nothing else will ease those feelings

Try rich T biscuits drenched in Nutella spread maybe not as bad as a chocolate bar

Or as someone mentioned Dark Chocolate better for you

Diet or not if ya gotta have it you go girl make yourself feel better:) :)

toodles said:
As for chocolate, Green and Black's organic chocolate is better than crap chocolate. Or get down the gym and have a good workout with some kick-ass music. That always makes me feel a bit better.
This is my favourite!
If I havent got a tray of Thorntons handy, I have a slab of Green & Blacks butterscotch squirred away.
As already suggested, dont just munch through it madly, have the odd nibble here & there & really savour it.
A bar of this can easily last me a week & Im a chocoholic!

Glorsclaws said:
This is my favourite!
If I havent got a tray of Thorntons handy, I have a slab of Green & Blacks butterscotch squirred away.
As already suggested, dont just munch through it madly, have the odd nibble here & there & really savour it.
A bar of this can easily last me a week & Im a chocoholic!

Where do you get this then as im seriously cho coooooholic:green:

Go for a walk and burn off some stress and calories at the same time. Makes you feel calm when you get in. I have PMT too feel like I could explode at the smallest thing!

lisaloveliness said:
Where do you get this then as im seriously cho coooooholic:green:
Hi Lisa,
Dont know where in Dudley you are but, I sometimes pick mine up from Tesco (Burntree). However Sainsburys, Merryhill have more range... guess where Im headed in the next hour, :lol:

Glorsclaws said:
Hi Lisa,
Dont know where in Dudley you are but, I sometimes pick mine up from Tesco (Burntree). However Sainsburys, Merryhill have more range... guess where Im headed in the next hour, :lol:

oooh looks like im off to tescos on me way home mmmmmm i dont care if the footy is on tonight ive got something better lol

marion said:
Why not have a tiny piece of chocolate, suck it slowly. Why deprave what your body needs!!

Have you tried the new diet tea that Victoria Beckham is drinking.. its called Pu-erh black. You have to drink 6 cups a day, no milk or sugar, but it not a bad taste, so thats ok. i tried it for 2 weeks and lost a couple of pounds, felt great on it, maybe because it has made me give up ordinary tea with milk and two sugars. Just have to try to give up the pure butter next.

Where did u get that tea from and how much?? Thanks xx

Oh Chocolate, im not a big chocolate fan, but when I read this thread I just automaticly had a pack of Chocolate! When I am on PMT, I always lose my temper, my hubby had to sufer! Just can't help....:irked:

I LIVE for chocolate, and luckily don't have to diet.. (sorry ladies, please dont hit me)

but, I've "heard" that tostitos and salsa is a very healthy snack that is fat free. At least, home made salsa is. Who knows what's in that jarred stuff LOL

So, when I've got munchies at night,that's what I eat. I crack open a jar of home made salsa, grab my bag of tostitos and munch away.

Hope this helps.

PS: or you could try the "Cream Saver" hard candies that are chocolate flavoured? Ya know? one or two candies that you can suck on for a while can't hurt a diet that much, can it?

marion said:

AAAARRRGGG! why the bloody hell does victoria beckham drink slimming teas? i am not knocking her as a person but its because of people like her that make us start these diets and feel like we cant eat a bit of chocholate when we REALLY need it!

Latest posts

Back