PN Chatroom Feb issue - relight my fire...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathryn

Reaction score
Festive greetings geeklings!

Well, with the January issue done and dusted, I'm onto the Feb issue of Professional Nails and thought I'd slot in a quick post for the issue's Chat Room piece before I down tools for Christmas.

As it'll be February, when we're all supposed to be feeling a little more love, I thought I'd find out what you guys get all fired up and passionate about, and what you do to ensure that passion keeps on burning... even on the days when you feel like chucking it all in!

As always please include your full name (not just geeky identity) and business name if you want your comments published in the mag. Feel free to PM me or alternatively email [email protected] with your comments.

Wishing you all oodles of festive fun and a very Happy New Year!!

Kat
xxx

Editor
Professional Nails

CHOCOLATE!!!!! It always does it for me lol!!!

Kim x

Actually......I find that the trade magazines such as yourselves at Professional Nails and Scratch, keep the passion for our craft topped up....
We can all get a bit dejected and isolated at times...but then that trade magazine drops through the letter box and we can submerge ourselves in the world of nails...see what is new in our industry find out who is doing what (to whom!!)...what is hot and what is not!!...and before we know it our drive and motivation to be the best is back!!.......so thanks Kathryn!....and keep up the good work in 2006!

The thing that keeps me motivated is the look of delight and pleasure on the faces of clients when they look at their finished nails. I always do one hand at a time, and I love watching clients admire their finished hand while I keep working on the other. It gives me a great feeling of satisfaction knowing I have done a good job which someone really appreciates.

Glynis May
Glynis Nails
Rushden
Northants.

It as to be the new ideas and products that come out each year, It keeps us on top of our game to be up on all things new and I love to experience new products.
Lell
Nicer-Nails
Cheshire

What keeps me fired up? All my geeky pals at thenailgeek.com. When anyone feels down there is someone to keep their spirits up, remotivate them and stoke the coals to keep the nail passion going. This site has inspired me to become the nail professional I am today. Where else can you chat about nails 24/7 without someone thinking you have a screw loose?!

Sarah Haslam, Buff Nails & Beauty, Fareham, HAnts

have to say its my loyal clients that keep me going........without them i would not be in business. when im feeling down, they can tell, and after an infill, im smilling again. i have made some lovely friends out of clients, they are supportive, i mean not just doing their nails, but shoulders to lean on.
i had a card from a client to say thank you for helping her though her difficult time from being jilted at the isle........how she coped with that i will never know, but she written saying, at times she only had my salon to escape too, even to come and have a coffee and chat to other clients made her get back on her feet and start her new life. That touched my heart.........thats what carry's me on. x

Cheryl Gallagher
Tan 'n' Talons
Wombourne, Wolverhampton.

Its a combination of things...My clients who respect my work and there nails...they stick to regular appointments and they carry out the home after care. My Geek mates on The Nail Geek.com...I work alone and when things are getting me down they are the only ones who know how I feel and can offer the best advise. Other Nail techs work...I get inspired all the time...via this site and through mags such as yours. All in all though I just love my job and I wouldn't want to be sat at any other desk than a nail desk.

Leicester

Last edited:
Techicians continue to get me fired up and they always inspire me. After all, are we not ALWAYS trying to partner with our clients, help them have profitable and successful businesses? This type of relationship between supplier and customer must always be paramount! :Look_left :cool:

Sassy Hassy said:
What keeps me fired up? All my geeky pals at thenailgeek.com. When anyone feels down there is someone to keep their spirits up, remotivate them and stoke the coals to keep the nail passion going. This site has inspired me to become the nail professional I am today. Where else can you chat about nails 24/7 without someone thinking you have a screw loose?!

Sarah Haslam, Buff Nails & Beauty, Fareham, HAnts

Agree completely sassy, this site gives so much support and insperation. Scratch plopped on the mat this morning, its a new year starting now bursing with ideas and looking forward to a new year of challenges.
Its the industry...........thats what keeps us fired up...
THE WHOLE WONDERFUL WORLD THAT IS NAILS XXXXXXXXXXXXXX:Love:

I have to say its the clients and the geek site combined.

I love it when ,y clients are so pleased with a set of nails i have done and can't stop grinning. I also love it when a client tells me how relaxing having their nails done is, i do feel good knowing they are enjoying the service i'm providing them. ( nails of course!)

When i feel a little low or if things are quiet, i know where to come for some uplifting advice and support, The good ole Geek site.

Wendy Whitehead
Simply Nails
Essex

I am inspired by the creativity of the nail industry.(what can i put on those nails next?) and the satisfaction that being a nail technician gives you.
What keeps me going? it's got to be thenailgeek.com where there are so many friendly and talented nail technicians.

Michelle Gibbs
Nailoons
Dover

what gets me fired up is...all the amazing talent and pictures posted on here.
you see the wonderful work posted and then you go off have a go, get good results and it keeps that fire in your belly for creating and espiring to be like the wonderfully talented people on this site.
another things that keeps the fire burning is the continuing loyalty of clients which obviously means your doing a great job...the public isnt stupid if they didnt like the service they wouldnt come back

Latest posts

Back