Pocket lifting but not sure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Reaction score
Have been doing overlay on client (she does not want tips on) for few weeks now the last time she came in i noticed that on some of her nails that it looked a slightly different colour from the rest of the nail. It looked paler in colour and was around zone 2 area, is this what is called pocket lifting? as i am still new to nails would not know what pocket lifting looks like

Ok Hun sounds like pocket lifting,
This is lifting of product any where on the enhancement where it still has a seal around the rest of the coating, it will look like an air pocket.............Zone 2 is the place where this little beggar mostly hangs out............... he likes it there if he is invited to pop in there, i.e mix ratio to wet, hence more shrinkage, hence product popping of , not pressing product firmly into place and therefor not bonding properly.................

Get rid of the pocket lifting before he invites his mates round and has a party, and they have a slap up supper on the gathered oil and moisture, and before you know it they will leave green bacterial poop all over the place,just to say thanks for a brill hang out place..............

Check out this link, Sams link on this little beggar
http://www.samuelsweet.com/showthread.php?t=2631&highlight=pocket+lifting

HTH

Thnx Ruth already checked the site out got good inf but how do i get rid of it? do i need to soak off and start again or can i just buff/file down? really worried she may have greenie already

Hi jackie

Just learnt this one on creative masters. At rebalance file dow Zone 2 like you would if you were filing Zone 3 be careful when your getting near the natural nail. Change to a less grit just to make sure no damage. When you reach the lifted part it should just flake of. Re sanitise and fill

Hope that helps

Love
Sarah x

Thnx Sara, i feel better now i know how do deal with it. I was worried that she would know that i didnt no what to do. I can be more confident now

SA said:
Hi jackie

Just learnt this one on creative masters. At rebalance file dow Zone 2 like you would if you were filing Zone 3 be careful when your getting near the natural nail. Change to a less grit just to make sure no damage. When you reach the lifted part it should just flake of. Re sanitise and fill

Hope that helps

Love
Sarah x
Didn't we just love that class xxxx
Just to add a little, when filing , make sure you remove all lifting and have found a solid base, the seal...................
Rather then filing over the pocket in a back and forward motion, do it in a sweeping half circular motion.............a bit like writing the letter c with your file forwards and reverse........starting on an area, where you can see that the coating is still firmly on the nail....working towards the lift rather then from the middle outwards.............
HTH

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Didn't we just love that class xxxx
Just to add a little, when filing , make sure you remove all lifting and have found a solid base, the seal...................
Rather then filing over the pocket in a back and forward motion, do it in a sweeping half circular motion.............a bit like writing the letter c with your file forwards and reverse........starting on an area, where you can see that the coating is still firmly on the nail....working towards the lift rather then from the middle outwards.............
HTH
Thyns again ruth u r so helpful. iusually go back & forth & it takes forever, will definatly try this, by the way what does HTH stand for :o:cry: :(

lol HTH means hope this helps ...........and I hope it did xxx

Glad you said about the filling bit, i found out the hard way that if you file on the lifted area it just keeps getting bigger and BIGGER. I know now so i suppose that's the way you learn alwaystart to file on the part that is okay.......:o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back