Poem for success

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
My comfort zone.

I used to have a comfort zone where I knew I wouldn't fail.
The same four walls and busywork were really more like jail.
I longed so much to do the things I'd never done before,
But stayed inside my comfort zone and paced the same old floor.

I said it didn't matter that I wasn't doing much.
I said I didn't care for things like commission checks and such.
I claimed to be so busy with the things inside the zone,
But deep inside I longed for something special of my own.

I couldn't let my life go by just watching others win.
I held my breath; I stepped outside and let the change begin.
I took a step and with new strength I'd never felt before,
I kissed my comfort zone goodbye and closed and locked the door.

If you're in a comfort zone, afraid to venture out,
Remember that all winners were at one time filled with doubt.
A step or two and words of praise can make your dreams come true.
Reach for your future with a smile; success is there for you!

Fantastic and oh so very true, perhaps all who doubt should copy this and pin it up on their wall.

Joan

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you really should publish some of your poems. They are so good, very thought provoking and rather lovely. Thank you.

aint that the truth.. i hear all the time my students not wanting to do something bcuz they are not very good and I give them the same advise.
Is this your poem? Can I print it out and post it in my class room? Thankx for sharing it

Oh Lell, I am going to print that out.

That is fantastic, thank you so much, it means a lot to me at the moment :hug::hug::hug:

aint that the truth.. i hear all the time my students not wanting to do something bcuz they are not very good and I give them the same advise.
Is this your poem? Can I print it out and post it in my class room? Thankx for sharing it

This one isnt one of mine it was passed to me many years ago by a friend the author is unknown so there will be no copyright.

Absolutely fantastic!
Can I post it on my facebook, so it's always there for me to find, and to share with my friends?
pretty please?

As a poet who hasn't touched a pen in years.. (gosh I miss the days of writing for hours, before kids came along) I can say I'm jealous of the time you took to write that

:hug::hug::hug:

Absolutely fantastic!
Can I post it on my facebook, so it's always there for me to find, and to share with my friends?
pretty please?

As a poet who hasn't touched a pen in years.. (gosh I miss the days of writing for hours, before kids came along) I can say I'm jealous of the time you took to write that

:hug::hug::hug:

Read above post babes xxx

Lell, you have no idea how timely that is! :wink2: Thanks hun.

That's lovely ... thanks so much for sharing :hug:

Thanks for sharing & oh how true the poem is!! :)

Latest posts

Back