Polarised plug on CND lamp, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CateCate

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've just received my lamp. It was all good to go then disaster! When I came to plug it in, it wouldn't go in the socket. I have removed the plastic cover and tried practically all the sockets and extensions in the house but it just won't go in. Has anyone else had this problem??

Cate xx

As far as I am aware the plug is a normal standard 3 pin British plug. Only one other person has mentioned it that I am aware of and she hadn't taken off the protective cover. Best to ring Sweet Squared if you really think there is a problem or simply change the plug for one that is compatible with your sockets?

Mine was a bit stiff when I tried it at first. It could be the angle you are pushing the plug? Best to get down to the same level and make sure you are not trying to force it in at an angle.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your help ladies, it still won't work. Apparently I can buy an adapter. We must have funny plug sockets in out house! Lol :D

An adapter? How strange! Who told you this? It has a normal 3 pin plug on it, so what kind of adapter could they mean? Are you sure you have taken the little plastic cover off the plug. It's the smallest one I've ever seen, and I nearly didn't notice it.

Its same plug as most printers , radios and lap tops , try another lead that you know works?

I am struggling with mine too.

Cate, i see on your title you are in Manchester. We are the Creative Academy + Manchester. Are you near to us? You can pop by and bring your new cnd lamp and i will take a look for you to see if we can help. We are in Leigh, just along the East lancs. Call for directions if you are able. 01942 675580.

Hi,
I had the same problem last night the prongs seem to be angled and not straight like a normal plug i eventually found it to fit in a rubber extension plug which took the angle of the prongs but still had to press hard to get in hope this helps
eileen

Latest posts

Back