Polish for French Manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkigems

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking at changing my polish for French Manicure and have been for sometime, i just can't decide which brand and which colours to go for. At the moment i am using Orly White and Orly Sheer nude. I am looking at going with CND, OPI or Essie.

I would like advice on which brand and which colours to use. I am ok with the white as i have seen on here that you all recommend CND- Cream Puff, OPI - Alpine Snow and Essie - Marshmallow.

What pinks or peachy colours can you recommend?

Thank you!

I use OPI polishes myself. I Love the professional, quality finish they give as well as longevity. For pink with French (Alpine Snow) I recommend 'Honeymoon Sweet' or 'It's Romantic'. Both very soft and slightly pearlescent.

cnd polish is fab! i use sticky base coat negligee or french pink and cream puff then of course super shiney top coat all my polishes are from there vintage collection so don't know if they have any nice new ones but there lovely never a bad turn out x

My french is a bit different. I use Stickey, Essie's Cherry Pop for the whole nail, Essie's Marshmallow for the free edge and Air Dry for top coat. It's a very natural looking french. HTH! :)

I use OPI - Alpine Snow and then if customer wants sheer Rosy Future, No Bees Please (I think now discontinued) or Bubble Bath. If they want slightly pinker I use Makes Men Blush, Sweet Heart or Passion!

x

I am finding my Orly for french polish is quite thin and therfore coverage is quite streaky no matter how i apply it.. !! am thinking of trying OPI or CND.. :irked:

Which Orly are you talking abou? Pink nude?
Orly has wide a beautiful range of french polishes as well as opi, they apply great and have nice colors. I can recommend collection with gold caps: grande dame, Je-t'aime , deja-vu, cest'la vie, pardonne moi, chocolate blanc - those I have and they are great.

Now I remeber, it was Orly French Nouveau Collection. And it is really beautiful.

I bought them to try, silk stockings, pink nude, simply sheer, white tips and softest white,, still not impressed though.. :eek:

Damn does using the orly basecoat make a difference to the way the polish sits on the nails ??? If it does i need to get some , just realised i didnt get that !!!:rolleyes:

I bought them to try, silk stockings, pink nude, simply sheer, white tips and softest white,, still not impressed though.. :eek:

But none of this three colors is really nice. Pink nude is difficult, it has powder-like consistency, but my clients loved it :). Try one of the colors I have mentioned, they are really great. And who is who pink is great, sheer pink with blue shimmer.

Latest posts

Back