Polish peeled off whole ?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glitz

Reaction score
Hi I feel really bad, but can`t understand what or how this happened.

A client (mum at school) was going to a posh evening Make A Wish Foundation Ball at the Dorchester on Saturday. She came to me for a natural nail manicure polish & toes to match her gown. I did a lovely job, she was really pleased.

The manicure was standard run of the mill, using the standard procedure and products.

I used Misa base coat Misa polish half Isle of Harmony (shimmer brown) and half Eclipse (Matt brown) divided with stripping tape finished with diamonds (2 coats) topped with Sec`n`Dry Orly top coat.

Just saw her at school she showed me two complete varnishes that she said just fell off literally onto the table (you can see they must have as they are complete) Fortunately I gave her the main colour polish to take as an emergency just in case anything happened so she just reapply ed on the two that had peeled. I can`t think of anything that would have caused this she had them done Friday morn and the problem occurred Sat eve??? I`m just glad I gave the polish as backup, I just feel awful, never had anything like this happen before her toes are fine. Anyone had this or know what might have caused it.

Did you squeek the nails with varnish remover or equivalent to remove oils before you applied the base coat? :hug:

Yep I did. Only thing I was just thinking was I applied cuticle oil after finishing allowed 20 mins before doing so to give top coat time to work which as I said was Sec`n`dry (says leave 2 mins before applying and then its dry in 90 seconds). Maybe the two that peeled were not quite dry through the layers? and the oil somehow caused them to lift off the nail?

I'm not sure but could it be that she has oily nail plates?
I know that they are fairly rare, but it could be the problem......
Maybe they needed super squeaking!

Has she ever had problems with polish not lasting before?

I have an L&P client with very oily nail plates and I have to prep them to within an inch of their lives before I even dare apply product.
She told me she has big problems with polish just peeling away and it never lasts long at all on her natural nails.

Did you buff the nails before applying polish?

I have found that polish doesnt last as long on buffed nails.

Thanks for your reply`s. I have done her nails several times and this is the 1st time its happened maybe I did not sqeak as much as I should have. It must be that! there can be no other reason really, I must have left residue of cuticle cream on the odd nail hence why it only peeled off two. Never mind not a lot I can do about it now. She isn`t being awkward about it I just feel really bad.

Did you buff the nails before applying polish?

I have found that polish doesnt last as long on buffed nails.

No I didn`t buff maybe a gentle sweep with a white block next time see if that helps. Although I bet it never happens again!

No I didn`t buff maybe a gentle sweep with a white block next time see if that helps. Although I bet it never happens again!

I think you are right with the squeeking the nails clean being the problem then. I wonder if she gave them some help in coming off? dont feel bad about it as you dont know what she did to her nails after she left you.

I think you are right with the squeeking the nails clean being the problem then. I wonder if she gave them some help in coming off? dont feel bad about it as you dont know what she did to her nails after she left you.

Thanks oey, maybe she did help them along.... I only think this as they didn`t come off until she was at the ball....I would have thought they would have come off soon after application otherwise. Honestly they look like veneer`s.

Latest posts

Back