polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haylznailz

uniquelicious
Reaction score
hi guys

i know you have proberely discussed this topic before

but what are your fav polishes ?

attitude opt toma creative ..............?

quickest drying great finsh

please tell me im interested

as like i say salon been open 12 months 1st nov
im lookin at pushing my retail

bbfn

haylx

I stock Orly as the Gripper Cap is great and makes application a lot easier. The colours are good and rich which means 1 or 2 coats for total coverage.

I hate the so called fast drying polishes that clients bring in, they are HORRID!

Creative for me - they just never go thick and gloopy...love em.

Bought an Essie polish at Excel cos I spotted one of the women who was working on the stand and it was exactly the colour I was looking for. Couldn't wait to get home and try it out....:sad: ...it was awful...like trying to get choclate spread onto your nails and that was a brand new bottle...a real dissapointment.

So from now on I'll stick to Creative - fab quality, long lasting and a great range of colours.

Gotta be creative for me. I treated myself to a nice case full at excel, I havent looked back since. They have such a wide range of colours and shades these do it for me.

Yep Creative for me too........
A true to colour enamel, drys quick last ages on the nail and never goes gloopy.........
I use my enamels right to the last drop..........
I found others go gloopy well before the half way mark, so its not always the cheaper option.........
HTH

hi all

i need help on deciding which nail polish is best to use i have heard that few are good OPI (or something like that) is the best one i have been told but i havent got a clue i want one thats got a nice finish (obviously) but one that isnt glupy and also goes on nice as all of the ones i have been using are rubbish so any help would be greatly appreciated:confused:

stay happy and smile:D

i have creative and sally hansen, sally hansen is sometimes touch and go depending on what shade of colour you get but i find these too fairly good
zoe x

I use OPI, and Essie. And for topcoat/basecoat I use Seche Vite.

I use OPI, and Essie polishes. For topcoat/basecoat I use Seche Vite.

I used to use OPI and it is well branded and recognised, but I'm afraid they go gloopy very quickly and you have to add thinners to keep them nice and workable ... once you start the 'thinners thing' it just goes on and on.

I now use Creative ... also well branded covers superbly, never goes gloopy, several new collections per year, fab brush and very quick drying. Thses are the things I want in a professional line. Hundreds of colours.

Essie is a good line too.
I would never use a polish in the salon that my clients can buy from the drugstore.

Hiya,

I use attitude, good polish, but some needs more than two coats..............Creative, good range of burgendys and deep reds, but not many vibrant pinks, some take a while to dry too, OPI as Geeg says can go gloopy, but have a good pink collection, Orly this is a nice polish, but needs more of a range.

So i use a mixture of em all

Amanda

I used Attitudes, Creative, OPi (love their pinkies/ickle bottles great for retail) and Orly .

Attitudes sell best for as my clients are cheapskates and its only £6.25 :smack: (iam bad girl for saying that about my clients, but its true...)

I too use Attitude range because my clients are also cheapskates and probably wouldnt pay £10 for Creative, so I mostly retail Attitude - they have great colours and last well, but do go gloopy. I had already bought the whole range when I discovered Creative, so I have been collecting a few as I go along. Negligee is great for a french look and I always use sticky, toughen up and shiny top coat from Creative as these are fab.

The Attitude range are a good second best for me.

Heather
X

The first LAW of retailing is: Do not close your client's purse before she has opened it.

Most women will pay for an excellent product. If you love it and get them excited about why it is so good (good coverage, quick drying, great brush, better quality) they will buy. You just need to educate them so they will know why they want to buy it.

Many technicians give of 'vibes' that the customer picks up on. If you know your product range and what features make it special, then pass that info onto them. Or better yet, give them one of the beautiful consumer brochures from CND and they can read about all the products so you don't end up sounding like a broken record!! They are gorgeous!

Will take that on board Geeg. You're right I'm not selling properly. Have one of the Creative customer brochures next to my nail station, so will change my attitude (pardon the pun LOL) and hopefully gain some Creative customers.

H X

currently just attitude and one from nail essentials - i know, nail essentials is the lowest of low, but there is one colour (amethyst pearl) that my clients just cannot get enough of, so why not? It does get kinda gloopy when you get to about 3/4, but other than that, it's fine :)
I wanna try creative, and once I do my course, I'll start buying them :)

I've tried all types of polishes and now happy using OPI because it gives such a good finish, its got a nice application. The good side to this polish is that it lasts and I have had good comments, from clients they I have used it on. Other polishes I use occassionally are Revlon thats a good one and Jessica. The Jessica one's ok, I just haven't made my mind up about that one yet, alot of people think its the bee knees, but I think overall I prefer OPI and Revlon.

Dawn :)

Latest posts

Back