Polishing Practice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to go on a polish course. I am a long way from Leeds but would make the journey if it was the right days that I could take off work. Dont suppose your doing any weekends with this course between those dates? If not do you know if any more of these courses are coming up in the future in London or Kent.

My doing this class is sort of a special one off thing that I thought I would offer to my geeky technicians.

If you have a Shellac ambassador near to you I'm sure if you contact her she will be happy to help you. Just ring 08452106060 and they will give you a contact number.

You are more than welcome and only just down the road!! :green: If you think it will help you to have a day with me and a few others, then give Debbie a call.
Thanks, will have a look into it.. I want to do it just for the sheer fact that you're teaching it :o:lol:

Thanks, will have a look into it.. I want to do it just for the sheer fact that you're teaching it :o:lol:

Well that is very sweet of you to say :hug: .. we will have fun and we will get down and do it in class but I'm a nail technician just like you so don't be expecting something I'm not. lol

me too, but Leeds is a long long way.....we'll see.....

My doing this class is sort of a special one off thing that I thought I would offer to my geeky technicians.

If you have a Shellac ambassador near to you I'm sure if you contact her she will be happy to help you. Just ring 08452106060 and they will give you a contact number.

I am definitely interested in this, I will call today. Hopefully I can get some time off work!

Please note all, there is a typo in the number posted above (called it loads of times and it said cannot be connected)

It should read

Debbie's on voicemail. Probably inundated with all of us wanting a slice of Gigi....

Please note all, there is a typo in the number posted above (called it loads of times and it said cannot be connected)

It should read

Debbie's on voicemail. Probably inundated with all of us wanting a slice of Gigi....

thank you for that .. I have corrected it in the original post now. Debbie will get back to all of you but for ease of forward planning, I can tell you the class will be held on Monday the 31st from 11am at Sweet Squared. Any other details will be available from Debbie Davis. this date and time should make things easy for most.

A class is invaluable to take as you are shown the techniques that you can hardly practise if you are not aware of them! :lol:

After the class you can practise perfectly until it all becomes second nature and it is a much easier and faster learning curve when you take a class. It simply is not good advice to say that a class is not helpful or useful and that you don't need it.

Maybe none of us needs a class in anything .. we can just stumble around practising on our clients for months when you could learn lots of things in one day that will make your learning experience much easier and you a better technician.

It is never practice alone that makes perfect .. it is perfect practice that makes perfect.

Hi Geeg, do you ever come up to Fingertips in Scotland to take classes???

Hi Geeg, do you ever come up to Fingertips in Scotland to take classes???

I have been invited and worked with the Fingertips girls many times. Always great to come to Scotland and be with my buddies there. :hug:

I will be doing 121's. Anything you would like to do ... L&P techniques or any Gel techniques or troubleshooting .. Shellac etc. It would be lovely to see you.

This trip, I will only be in Leeds ... I have another job to do that keeps me close to home ... I am looking after my grandson while Mr & Mrs geek go to the USA to a conference. :hug: Another time I hope.

Hi Geeg,

I want to do the L&P techniques but I am told I have to do the conversion course first as I dont currently use CND products for this. I also would like to do Shellac. The North East rep is waiting to go in for an op and is not taking bookings until after xmas. I would like to do these courses asap before the run up to xmas. Can you or anyone else help?

Debbie

Hi Geeg,

I want to do the L&P techniques but I am told I have to do the conversion course first as I dont currently use CND products for this. I also would like to do Shellac. The North East rep is waiting to go in for an op and is not taking bookings until after xmas. I would like to do these courses asap before the run up to xmas. Can you or anyone else help?

Debbie

If you want some 121 time while I am there then call debbie and she will book you in with me. Different day though! x

Geeks - I need help!

I've read a few posts recently around favourite treatments, polishing techniques etc and it has helped to bring to a head the fact that my polishing is not as it should be and it's driving me mad!

Preparation I am meticulous over, I use good products, as they should be used and do each and every step thoroughly each and every time. But when it comes to actually applying the polish I get sloppy, and believe me it isn't for the want of trying.

So, my question on the back of that waffle is, does anyone know of any courses or workshops that are purely for concentrating on polishing techniques? I fear as much practice as I do, if the technique isn't there then it's wasted.

Any help or advice greatly received!

My advice would be take a deep breath and it's not the end of the worldif you make a mistake. Just clean the nanil again and do it again. i find i cant talk whilst i'm polishing. This is my procedure

1. good quality polish (not old)
2. turn bottle upside down and roll between palms to mix
3. open bottle and take the brush out swiping the side of the brush away from you. THis should leave polish on the brush facing you only.
4. I balance my little finger of my right had on the little fonger of my left hand and rest my left wrist/forearm against the table for balance and prevent shakiing.
5. i first brush from halfway down the middle of the nail to the tip with the brush to take of the excess polish fromthe brush and to get better coverage.
6. DO NOT dip yet! then GENTLY fan the brush out to the shape of the cuticle and gently push back upto the cuticle and over the center of the nail again.
7. Pulling the side walls back with your thumb and fore finger keep your eye on the left hand side of the brush and cover the left side of the nail, do not flood the side walls
8. Repeat on RH side of nail.
9. After all ten nails take another deep breath and repeat.

By taking extra care with your first coat making sure you get right upto the edges means your sencond coat is relly for coverage.

Remember thin coats!! Practice Practice Practice :hug:

Oopps, just read the other posts. lol
Oh well you'll learn loads by watching Gigi, she is inspirational,xx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back