Polishing the carpet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracysnails

Reaction score
Help!!!

I've just dropped an open bottle of dark red nail polish on my carpet!! How on earth do I get it out or is it here forever?! :(

I quickly grabbed my acetone bottle and tired scrubbing it with that but it didn't really work. To make matters worse, I got acetone all over my hands and the lovely shine I got on my nails last night has gone (now thats really the problem! :D :rolleyes: )

ANY help or ideas on this would be most apperciated!

Hi ya Hun,
Hope the shade of red goes with the furniture. lol sorry only kidding......
Sorry, but never rub the stain, just blot.....it breaks down the fibres and weill cause the stin to get bigger rather then smaller.............
Here is a little tip..........It might not remove all of the stain but will surley make it less visible..........
Scoop up as much as you can
Apply nail polish remover (acetone)
Blot
Mix one teaspoon of a mild pH balanced detergent (a mild non alkaline non bleaching detergent) with a cup of lukewarm water
Blot
Sponge with clean water
Blot
Let it dry

love Ruth xxxxxx

See? Thats why this place is soooo good - always someone ready to help - going to print off the answer to this one - haven't done it yet but I'm sure its just a matter of time! ;)

call your insurance company - don't tell them you were using nail stuff for work (just say for home use) and you will either get it professionally cleaned or your whole carpet replaced! You need to do this before you try any other way of removing it in case they say you made it worse.

http://www.tipking.com/Tips/publish/tip_444.shtml

smilieturtle.gif

Thanks, FingerNailFixer, that link has all sorts of very useful information on it. :)

Thank you for all your replies.

I've blotted all over with acetone and then given the carpet a good shampoo. The stain has really faded now and once its dry, I'll try again and hopefully it will be unnoticeable.

Hope the shade of red goes with the furniture. lol sorry only kidding......

Its does actually! :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back