Polite notice for failed appts - advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
Okay, just phoned a client to remind her of appointment tomorrow, and it was the usual, Oh I was going to phone but I can't afford it, so guess she just wouldn't have turned up. So with this in mind I would realy value your comments (good or bad) on this notice I want to display in the salon....
POLITE NOTICE

We would be very grateful for the courtesy of a call if you are unable to keep an appointment, a minimum of 24 hours is preferred but we do understand that things happen last minute (children ill, car breaking down etc) so even 15 minutes notice is better than none.

We have often turned business away when we could have re-booked that failed appointment, or clients who are on a waiting list who would have preferred that time.

Please appreciate that we are running a business at the end of the day, and I have two teenagers, 2 dogs, a cat and a mortgage to maintain!!!!!!!!!!

Many thanks​

Hey........well with a notice like that they wouldn't dare not turn up!!! Brilliant!!Martine x

Very good, like the seriousness and the humour. You could even mention to clients, Oh by the way have you seen the notice in reception. Print off some little A5 leaflets and hand them to them. Some people just don't think. With you pointing it out in black & white I think you'll be surpried at how much notice they take and hopefully you'll be receiving less no shows.

a polite notice would definately be good!! I think i need one on my uniform.
My first client this morning did'nt turn up and then text me at 11.30 (2 hours after her apt) and said will leave the nails for today i have too much to do can i have them done next week and then my second client well i drove all the way to the other end of town only to be told oh dear i forgot .....i am waiting for a washing machine to be delivered and cant have them done come back next week at the same time!!! ERR NO!!!!

Hello Sarah

I think that would be an excellent idea! :cool: You could maybe add that you will may be forced to Levey a charge for anyone not giving notice. I have a cancellation policy on my record cards that the clients reads before she signs so she is in effect kind of signing a mini contract with us. ;)
I would be happy to forward you a copy.

diesel1978 said:
a polite notice would definately be good!! I think i need one on my uniform.
My first client this morning did'nt turn up and then text me at 11.30 (2 hours after her apt) and said will leave the nails for today i have too much to do can i have them done next week and then my second client well i drove all the way to the other end of town only to be told oh dear i forgot .....i am waiting for a washing machine to be delivered and cant have them done come back next week at the same time!!! ERR NO!!!!
Clients can be so rude and inconsiderate can't they! Can you imagine telling a client when she arrives (or calling her 10 minutes before her appointment) "oh, you know, I'm just so busy today - can we give it a miss" - they'd go ballistic! It seems such a shame that we have to put these policies in black and white for them when consideration and politeness should come naturally huh!

Hiya - I have thought about cancellation fees a lot, and am still sitting on the fence about it. Do you actually impose it if they don't turn up, and if you do how do they take it? I'd love to see a copy of you record card, thanks.
Little Angel said:
Hello Sarah

I think that would be an excellent idea! :cool: You could maybe add that you will may be forced to Levey a charge for anyone not giving notice. I have a cancellation policy on my record cards that the clients reads before she signs so she is in effect kind of signing a mini contract with us. ;)
I would be happy to forward you a copy.

Hi Guys,

This subject really frustrates me! I have had a nightmare of a day today, my first client didnt bother turning up at all, then the second had forgotton! It is just so annoying! My appointment book is full for almost the next three weeks, and i have about 6 clients on the cancellation list! However once you leave it a polite 15mins before calling the late/missing client, there isnt enough time to call someone from the cancellation list as by the time they arrive you will be really running late for the next appointment! AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Oh i feel better now thats off my chest!

It doesnt take anything to be polite and call up to cancel.

Michelle x

I know Michelle - but I don't think these peeps really undersatnd how rude they are - and how it costs US money. That's why I am putting up a sign - just wanted you guys to check it read okay. Did it before about being on time and it worked a treat (arrive 5 mins early, call if more than 3 breakages so I can rearrange time to give extra time to client etc). So hope this does too. We now phone non-regulars day before to ensure they are coming - does the trick. Try it.

Yep I like that notice............... you make your point, it's not nasty and offending.....
Humour is the key ............. make em smile then kick their bums if they don't turn up............

Hi sassy,

I think i am going to have to get one of them signs, and place it where it cannot be missed!
It really is a pain when clients dont turn up, and i am definately goin to call non-reg clients the day before.

Thanks guys,

michelle xx

Latest posts

Back