polycystic ovaries

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries when I was eighteen, never really told much about it by my doc, just told to get on with it. It didn't really phase me then as I was only young and having a baby was the last thing on my mind.

Now 26 and been TTC for the last year with no joy so thought it time to go back to the docs. Have just got the results back from my day 21 bloodtest and apparently my progesterone levels are low (they came ack at 6). Now doc has refered me to hospital from further investigations.

Just wondered if anyone has P.O or low progestrone levels and could give their experiences as feeling quite depressed and need a little hope:cry:

hey there...i have pcos too...i was diagnosed at 22 and was ttc for 2 years when we found out...we tried for 7 years with no results...last year we decided to stop trying and are actually quite happy without children...it was really hard for me though seeing all our friends and family getting pregnant and having babies with no problems...it wasn't untill i met my first nephew that the jealousy went away...we looked into adoption but decided it was not for us (the expense was too much) and we tried all the fertility drugs out there with no success...it's not hopeless though! i know quite a few people who have pcos and have had babies naturally...good luck and if you need someone to talk to who's been through it i'm here

my best friend has them, and she had the same proms with trying to conceive...she now has 2 lovely children.

She ended up having a laparoscamy (not sure how u spell it, but thats how it sounds) to remove the cysts, quite an ordeal to go through....but she fell straight away so much so that her date were done from the day she had the op!!!! she was booked in to have another 2 yrs later as she had been trying again but you normally go quite far down the waiting list i think if you have children already a week before her first consultant app she found out she was expecting again....both pregancys were trouble free.
good luck.

xx:hug:

I wish I could say something to help you, the only thing I can think of is that, as an electrologist I have met quite a few ladies with PCOS and most of them have children:)
Don't give up hope and don't give up trying. You're still very young and it will probably happen when you're least expecting it:hug:

Sending you huge ((hugs)).
A relative of mine had multiple cysts on her ovaries and bad endimetriosis also. She had a couple of operations and is now expecting her 1st child in December. A referral to a consultant could answer a lot of your questions.:hug:

I have it too. I found out when i was 18, we were told we would never have children as my levels were very low and my hubbies sperm count was rubbish, 4 weeks after being told this i found out i was 4 months preg but i lost him 2 days later...i was on clymed (sp) for 2 years went in for a lap and fell straight away, then 18 months later fell again..! under the most stressfull time possible, both time i wasnt taking any fertilaty tablets.... There is every chance you can have children hun...Dont give up !! :hug:

Girl I was at college with has them and now has a lovely baby boy so dont give up hope. :hug:

I too had polycystic ovaries and endometriosis
so i set up a support forum for ladies and partners who have had or have been affected by the disease
EndoAware.co.uk you will find lots of good friendly advice
good luck in ttc I had my three sons while i had polycystic ovaries
love n hugs
Debbie x

Hiya hun I also have pcos, found this out about 2 years ago now, I have also been told to get on with it but made doc refer me to hospital as been having loads of problems recently.
Dont give up hope hun I know w few people who have it and have got kids, If u wanna pm me feel free to hun.

xxx

Thanks so much for your support everyone :hug: I really appreciate it, sometimes I feel so low and other times I can deal with it. Like a rollercoaster.

Went to one of my best friends from school today hadn't seen her in about 9 years and she has a gorgeous little boy (3) and a beautiful baby girl (7 months), so pleased for her but kinda jelous and sad at the same time. Its sooo hard for me to be around friends with babies :cry: and I feel horrible for feeling this way but cant help it.

Does anyone have any hints or tips on getting pregnant with PCOS apart from the usual doctor/hospital routine??

Thanks Again :)

Well i can only offer hope.My friend is now pregnant with an unexpected but much wanted baby at the age of 44, and suffers with the same thing. She'd given up, but there you go ,it can still happen.
She's now 30 weeks, had all the tests including an amazing 4d scan thing and everythings fine.
It was also without any help as they had stopped all that a few years back.

I was diagnosed with this when I was 15. ???? At 31, the scar tissue and endometriosis (sp) was so bad that I ended up getting cut 4x within 2yrs. The problem was brought forefront when the fertility docs couldn't get anything to work... I feel ya!! I do have a step daughter(9) and we have since adopted, wonderful kids and always a different way. FYI, mine has been linked to the depo shot.

Does anyone have any hints or tips on getting pregnant with PCOS apart from the usual doctor/hospital routine??

Thanks Again :)
you can try charting...it's a bit of an annoyance but it does work

I think being told you might not beable to have children is the hardest thing in the world to hear. As children we are programmed to think the we will have babies. Most of us were brought up with playing with dolls, playing mummies and daddies and so on. Its heart breaking to think that anyone can have a baby and you can't. BUT it can and does happen hun, I looked at holistic and natural help too, it works hand in hand with medical treatment. I also used the ovulating kits, but because my periods were few and far between this got very expensive. The temperture method is good too, its all worth trying. There has been some great replies here with fantastic info.

Good luck hun..xx

Hiya all! :)

Sorry ive taken so long to get back, but I want to say a great big thankyou for all you support and help on my post. I was feeling sooooo down and I can say that you all really helped :hug:

I have joined the pcos friendly site and its fab, been chatting and reading lots of posts and got lots of new and helpful info.

So thanks again :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

There is a fantastic consultant at the Hammersmith Hospital in London (he did my tubular surgery) called Stuart Lavery. You would have to see him on a private basis, but he does more reproductive surgery than anyone else in the UK (and as such is very skilled with better success rates than others). Your doc would have to refer you to him. Here's a link to the Departments website, although it says IVF the link is to reproductive surgery. Goodluck hun.xxx
IVF Hammersmith

Latest posts

Back