Polygel allergy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nisey126

Reaction score
I used resin for years and never had any issues... figured I’d try poly gel - first time in July 2019... I fell in love, so easy and took a beating without coming off or lifting like resin did to me.

skip to October - all of a sudden, two days after application... my fingertips were itchy, red and flaking on underside of nail. I am allergic to uv (get a rash in the sun and tanning beds) so I figured it was the cheap uv and bought a led instead.

same issue two more applications... and now, I’m positive I’m allergic to poly gel.

question is - I can’t take it off bc my fingers are so sore and my nail plates badly damaged underneath.
What would you advise? If I do get it off - my nail beds crack and damaged where they pull on everything and are sore without some kind of protection. What can I do? I know it’ll be a process, but I work w my hands and need to be able to use them without pain. Please help. Tia for any help.

Welcome to the site.

Are you a qualified nail professional please?

Welcome to the site.

Are you a qualified nail professional please?
No, but I’ve been doing my nails for the last 15 years w no problems... till polygel.

No, but I’ve been doing my nails for the last 15 years w no problems... till polygel.

I’m sorry but as you are not a nail professional, we are not permitted to give you detailed advice or technical information for self help purposes.

My request to join as a member should’ve been denied if you don’t allow non professionals to receive responses. Pathetic you accept me as a member (and I stated in profile I was not a professional) but refuse to help or give advice. I’ll be sure to spread the word about your site.

Latest posts

Back