Polygel curing question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MUA

Reaction score
hi everyone just a quick one,

Will polygel cure in my gelish led 5-45 lamp??

Or I have an opi led lamp

Gelish polygel won’t cure in a 5-45, only in an 18g or 18g plus lamp. x

Gelish polygel won’t cure in a 5-45, only in an 18g or 18g plus lamp. x
Aw thank you for replying x is there any other lamp apart from a uv lamp or the gelish lamp that will cure it. Like any other make?? Also it sounds silly but what does the 18g mean x

Aw thank you for replying x is there any other lamp apart from a uv lamp or the gelish lamp that will cure it. Like any other make?? Also it sounds silly but what does the 18g mean x
Ok so a Gelish 18G lamp means there are 18 led bulbs in that lamp and they are 2 Watts each bulb so in total the lamp is 36w but to be honest I cure my polygel in the salon with a basic black 36w led lamp That was purchased is salon services for £100 and never had a problem also at home I was using a 6G Gelish lamp that also worked with a double cure (again never had a problem) I’ve recently upgraded to the 18gpro Gelish lamp 2 weeks ago and love it worth the money xx

Ok so a Gelish 18G lamp means there are 18 led bulbs in that lamp and they are 2 Watts each bulb so in total the lamp is 36w but to be honest I cure my polygel in the salon with a basic black 36w led lamp That was purchased is salon services for £100 and never had a problem also at home I was using a 6G Gelish lamp that also worked with a double cure (again never had a problem) I’ve recently upgraded to the 18gpro Gelish lamp 2 weeks ago and love it worth the money xx
Thanks for replying :) do you mind me asking what led lamp it was that you was using? Also is the polygel really as good a people say? I'm debating wether to just re-train in acrylics. Would you say polygel is quicker to work with? How long does a full set/infill take you? Sorrry for all the questions ☺️ Xx

Thanks for replying :) do you mind me asking what led lamp it was that you was using? Also is the polygel really as good a people say? I'm debating wether to just re-train in acrylics. Would you say polygel is quicker to work with? How long does a full set/infill take you? Sorrry for all the questions ☺️ Xx
I’m not sure of the name of it but it’s a black 36w LED lamp , if you go onto Sally’s website it should pop up they only sell a few different ones and it’s the only black one it’s a good little lamp but any 36w lamp should cure it , even cure it twice then use a hard tool to tap on it to be sure it’s cured properly, polygel on natural nails takes around 35-40min , polygel extensions takes about 1hr 10 mins this is a major difference from acrylic which used to take me just over 2 hours! oh and polygel infills takes me around 50 mins. Everyone is different tho and has different speeds I’ve been doing polygel from last July it has been great . It’s Amazing for sculpting xx

I’m not sure of the name of it but it’s a black 36w LED lamp , if you go onto Sally’s website it should pop up they only sell a few different ones and it’s the only black one it’s a good little lamp but any 36w lamp should cure it , even cure it twice then use a hard tool to tap on it to be sure it’s cured properly, polygel on natural nails takes around 35-40min , polygel extensions takes about 1hr 10 mins this is a major difference from acrylic which used to take me just over 2 hours! oh and polygel infills takes me around 50 mins. Everyone is different tho and has different speeds I’ve been doing polygel from last July it has been great . It’s Amazing for sculpting xx
Did you find it hard convincing your clients to have it? Most of the clients at the salon I work are die hard acrylic fans and nothing else entertains them xx

Did you find it hard convincing your clients to have it? Most of the clients at the salon I work are die hard acrylic fans and nothing else entertains them xx
Some clients were sceptical about it at first but if you do decide to introduce polygel to the salon do an introductory offer on it , make them aware that if they don’t like it after their 3 weeks that you can convert them back to acrylic but I garentee they will stick with it it’s much stronger than acrylic and feels more natural on the nails most clients only really want extensions on and don’t really know the difference between polygel and acrylic but just make them aware polygel is a lot stronger and they’ll want it xx

Some clients were sceptical about it at first but if you do decide to introduce polygel to the salon do an introductory offer on it , make them aware that if they don’t like it after their 3 weeks that you can convert them back to acrylic but I garentee they will stick with it it’s much stronger than acrylic and feels more natural on the nails most clients only really want extensions on and don’t really know the difference between polygel and acrylic but just make them aware polygel is a lot stronger and they’ll want it xx
So with the black lamp from sallys do you have to cure it twice?? I'm wondering wether to just use a uv lamp until I can afford one xx

So with the black lamp from sallys do you have to cure it twice?? I'm wondering wether to just use a uv lamp until I can afford one xx
Also! Do you have any photos of nails you've done with the polygel please :):)

Also! Do you have any photos of nails you've done with the polygel please :):)
The black lamp cures it fist time . But if you wanted to use your own lamp then cure it twice, my profile picture is polygel nails I have done or I have an Instagram account you could have a look at it’s called gelishnailsbytammy xx

The black lamp cures it fist time . But if you wanted to use your own lamp then cure it twice, my profile picture is polygel nails I have done or I have an Instagram account you could have a look at it’s called gelishnailsbytammy xx
Aw thank you I will definatley have a look :) xx

My trial kit should be arriving tomorrow girlies so this threads been really helpful <3

Going to be using a Calgel LED lamp to start as one I dont have the funds for the gelish straight away & two I already own 4 lamps pmsl. No desk space for a 5th!

Are you ladies that use it charging the sane as your gel/ acrylic extension & infills? Xx

My trial kit should be arriving tomorrow girlies so this threads been really helpful <3

Going to be using a Calgel LED lamp to start as one I dont have the funds for the gelish straight away & two I already own 4 lamps pmsl. No desk space for a 5th!

Are you ladies that use it charging the sane as your gel/ acrylic extension & infills? Xx
You will not be disappointed , I charge the same price for all my fresh sets / infills xx

Your OPI lamp should be a 36w lamp. I bet it is. Not sure which one you have.

Your OPI lamp should be a 36w lamp. I bet it is. Not sure which one you have.
I know this is totally off topic but I’ve never used opi gel colour before but I ordered the full Fiji collection I know it’s a old collection but loved the pastels I’m waiting on them arriving do you know what the coverage and consistency is like ? I’ve heard mixed reviews x

I know this is totally off topic but I’ve never used opi gel colour before but I ordered the full Fiji collection I know it’s a old collection but loved the pastels I’m waiting on them arriving do you know what the coverage and consistency is like ? I’ve heard mixed reviews x

I don’t want to highjack the OPs thread did you want to DM me to chat more about OPI Fiji?

Bums!! Just spoke to Sallys who say that my orders coming out today but without the PH Bond as its out of stock :(

Will this matter ladies? I do have other brand dehydrators I can use, but im not a fan of mixing & matching & im really annoyed as I ordered everything together to avoid this!

Double bums!! Xx

Bums!! Just spoke to Sallys who say that my orders coming out today but without the PH Bond as its out of stock :(

Will this matter ladies? I do have other brand dehydrators I can use, but im not a fan of mixing & matching & im really annoyed as I ordered everything together to avoid this!

Double bums!! Xx
So is it the ph bond with the orange label or the pro bond with the blue label? Xx

I used to use opi Gelcolor exclusively until I added light elegance. The coverage and consistency is good. No curing issues. Most colors take 2 coats some of the lighter ones take 3. I prefet opi to cnd and gelish and artistic color gloss. I love opi but my clients dobt really choose it anymore now most of them are onto hard gel I stead of gel polish.

Latest posts

Back