Polygel/gel/biab

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClaireyW

Reaction score
After some advice please. I’ve just completed my gel nail course and now looking into what kind of extension service to offer that’s not acrylic. Should I learn hard gel and biab and polygel? Is there a need to be able to offer all? Also should I learn tips/forms and dual forms? Is one better for people wanting long nails and one better for people who want shorter nail extensions?What do people ask for the most in your opinions? I’m so confused between them all- any advice would be great thank you xx

Did your gel nail course just cover gel polish or hard gel also?
I only offer gel polish and a biab service even though I did also train in hard gel.
I'd say offer hard gel/biab. If I'm correct, if you trained in hard gel you will be qualified to use/purchase biab builders also and they are used in similar ways.
Hard gel is good for any length extensions, biab is great as a natural nail overlay or can be used for short extensions. Maybe try both tips and forms to see which you prefer working with. Look into different brands of hard gel/biab, consistencies etc and the pros and cons. And train with that brand. Re dual forms, give them a miss. X

Latest posts

Back