Poor feedback

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahlou06

Reaction score
I did a set of EE a while back.
I rent a room above a hair salon & have just started out.
Today the EE's clients Mum came in to get her hair down & said to the stylist her daughter didn't like my eyelashes.

Thinking back I did have limited time, as the client was running late with her hair downstairs.

I don't want any clients to go away not happy with there treatments :-(

I was thinking of contacting this client offering her a discounted rate to build her trust in me again.

I now use a better glue and eyelashes too.

What do you guys think?

Hi there, you could always try by saying, "I've got a new Adhesive and was wondering if you would like to try it out!! " if you knew you'd rushed her slightly the previous time, I would give her this for free and just say it was because she was your model! Then take your time and give her a wonderful experience and she'll be a return client!! X

I did a set of EE a while back.
I rent a room above a hair salon & have just started out.
Today the EE's clients Mum came in to get her hair down & said to the stylist her daughter didn't like my eyelashes.

Thinking back I did have limited time, as the client was running late with her hair downstairs.

I don't want any clients to go away not happy with there treatments :-(

I was thinking of contacting this client offering her a discounted rate to build her trust in me again.

I now use a better glue and eyelashes too.

What do you guys think?

I could get shot down for this but here's how I am with every single client...honest and up front.

If it was me I'd offer her a full new set for free and be straight and say you have switched products, heard she wasn't happy and you don't want an client to be happy and that its important to you professionally and personally that she changes her opinion of your lashing.

I know its over an hr of your time but you will benefit in the log run, yo want her to tell her friends how honest and brilliant u are. Its already got to the point where u have found out from someone else she wasn't happy...how many other people has she told...clients that will never come to u because of this. But this can be rectified. Xxxxx and your lovely lashes will be talked about in a positive way and you could get more clients.

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

Yes that does make a lot of sense.

Thanks guys :)

I'll contact her tomorrow

If the daughter didn't have the common sense to say anything to you then I would leave it tbh. If a client isnt happy it is up to them to say so, not go through their mother via another member of staff where you work.

I can see from where your coming from but I'm too much of a worrier to leave this?

How long ago did she have them done?

If the daughter didn't have the common sense to say anything to you then I would leave it tbh. If a client isnt happy it is up to them to say so, not go through their mother via another member of staff where you work.

I see this point too, very valid.

Ask yourself this then...how busy are u? Can you afford not to rectify this? If u can then just chill and leave it. Send her 10% off as a good will gesture. If not then offer her a new set and rest easy knowing u have done your up most.

I don't leave anything I know of x

I could get shot down for this but here's how I am with every single client...honest and up front.

If it was me I'd offer her a full new set for free and be straight and say you have switched products, heard she wasn't happy and you don't want an client to be happy and that its important to you professionally and personally that she changes her opinion of your lashing.

I know its over an hr of your time but you will benefit in the log run, yo want her to tell her friends how honest and brilliant u are. Its already got to the point where u have found out from someone else she wasn't happy...how many other people has she told...clients that will never come to u because of this. But this can be rectified. Xxxxx and your lovely lashes will be talked about in a positive way and you could get more clients.

I agree.

Even if she declines the offer im sure she will appreciate that you cared enough to contact her. It might even be an exageration (sp) on her mothers part.

I'm building myself up at the moment do can't afford for this kind of thing to happen.

Hopefully her Mother was exaggerating!

Being a worrier means you care about your clients and the service you provide and that's a very good thing to have! I would contact her and mention the new adhesive, offer her a new set, then learn and move forward!

Thank you :)

I'll keep you posted!

Ok so...

Rather than sending this client an email I'll wait until she comes into the hair salon as I thought it will be better to talk rather than misinterpret my email.
I've just spoken to her & she said she was disappointed about the lasting time but didn't want to ring back as she didn't want to cause any upset.

I said sorry to hear that,I now have a new glue & would you like to trial it out for me as we have something to compare it too?

Yes yes all fine & booked in her free set of lashes.

However one of the stylists told me this clients Mum was in last week saying how she thinks it's disgusting I haven't done anything about it.

Helloooo? How was I meant to know if I hadn't overheard the conversation?

I'm not worried as apparently this lady is awful & wants everything for free. I just find it amusing as this ladies mother hasn't had the treatment.

Arrrrrffgggghhhh oh well I'll just have to do the most perfect set of eyelashes I've ever done!

I'm not worrying

Ok so...

Rather than sending this client an email I'll wait until she comes into the hair salon as I thought it will be better to talk rather than misinterpret my email.
I've just spoken to her & she said she was disappointed about the lasting time but didn't want to ring back as she didn't want to cause any upset.

I said sorry to hear that,I now have a new glue & would you like to trial it out for me as we have something to compare it too?

Yes yes all fine & booked in her free set of lashes.

However one of the stylists told me this clients Mum was in last week saying how she thinks it's disgusting I haven't done anything about it.

Helloooo? How was I meant to know if I hadn't overheard the conversation?

I'm not worried as apparently this lady is awful & wants everything for free. I just find it amusing as this ladies mother hasn't had the treatment.

Arrrrrffgggghhhh oh well I'll just have to do the most perfect set of eyelashes I've ever done!

I'm not worrying

I'm glad u offered her a free set hun ... She will be showing them off to everyone and in the long run u could make money from this. If not then you know you did everything possible to be the best x

As for her mother... Ignore her! X

Latest posts

Back